none
Damn!! I missed a notification balloon again!! :-(

Question

• Hello Everyone

This is a pretty low-tech question but hopefully you know the answer!

As you know, once in a while yellow "notification balloons" will pop up in the bottom right-hand corner (i.e. the taskbar area) of your Windows screen, alerting you to something that has just happened and often saying something like "Click here for more details".

Occasionally, I'll see one of these balloons and think "oh, that looks important"!  But these balloons appear and then disappear so quickly, sometimes I'm not able to click on it quickly enough... I can't get the cursor over there fast enough to open up the message!!  And... so... the message disappears  :-(

Is there some way I can retrieve a notification balloon that I just missed?  Even better, is there some way I could not only retrieve the balloon, but even CLICK on it as well?

Does Windows store some sort of "log file" that contains these expired balloons?

I'm currently working on a Vista machine, but my other computer is Win7... I'm hoping that whatever help I get would be applicable to either machine.

Many thanks for any assistance you could provide.  And enjoy the rest of your week!  :-)
    • Moved by Nonki Takahashi Thursday, October 30, 2014 9:53 AM about notification history
    Wednesday, October 29, 2014 5:58 AM

Answers

• Hello,

I'd ask in the Windows forum on Microsoft Community.

As the Microsoft Community is on a different platform, we cannot move the question for you.

Once there, click on Participate near the top of the screen, and select 'Ask a Question' or 'Start a Discussion':

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join ('6F6C646B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Thursday, October 30, 2014 1:51 PM

All replies

• I couldn't find notification history in Windows Vista.  But some messages are shown in Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Notification Area Icons, in Windows 8.1.

To place mouse on notification icons sometimes show some messages.

About Windows Update, you can see the history in Control Panel > Windows Update > View update history.

P.S. This question is not for Small Basic program language.  So, I'm going to move this thread to other forum.  Thanks.

Nonki Takahashi

Thursday, October 30, 2014 9:52 AM
  • Hello,

As the Microsoft Community is on a different platform, we cannot move the question for you.

Once there, click on Participate near the top of the screen, and select 'Ask a Question' or 'Start a Discussion':

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My E-mail: -join ('6F6C646B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Thursday, October 30, 2014 1:51 PM
  • Hello,

Karl

Just Karl, thank you for your information.  I found the thread in the Windows forum.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-performance/damn-couldnt-catch-that-notification-balloon/ba8fcc47-169a-4abc-8527-05a11584846a

Nonki Takahashi

Friday, October 31, 2014 1:31 PM