Protocol Mismatch RRS feed

• Question

• I have WHS running on a Dell 710 xps,
    Have PP2 installed and two computers joined and running to WHS (They are Win 7 RC)
    Everything seems to be happy and running fine on current computers. 

Tried to add a new install of Windows 7 Ultimate RTM on clean machine.  Able to surf to WHS and run connector software from http://<servername>:55000
    Runs fine until it it time for me to type in the WHS password, at which point if I put in an incorrect password it identifies it as such, but if I put in the correct password, I am told:

"this operation cannot be completed at this time.  Please try again later. if the problem persists, please contact Product Support"

Looking in the event log I find an error of:

"Windows Home Server protocol mismatch. This computer uses protocol version 6.0.2030.2, but partner computer <servername> uses protocol version 6.0.2030.0. A connection cannot be established."

doing a google search it appears that my connector software is correct for the download of PP2, BUT when attempting to connect up a new client, the WHS is reporting that it is still in version 0.  I have successfully been able to uninstall and re-install Power Pack 2, but that has had no effect.

How do I fix this issue?

here is the exact entry in the event log

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    - <System>
      <Provider Name="HomeServer" />
      <EventID Qualifiers="53247">1807</EventID>
      <Level>2</Level>
      <Task>7</Task>
      <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
      <TimeCreated SystemTime="2009-08-16T02:01:23.000000000Z" />
      <EventRecordID>757</EventRecordID>
      <Channel>Application</Channel>
      <Computer>Galileo7</Computer>
      <Security />
      </System>
    - <EventData>
      <Data>6.0.2030.2</Data>
      <Data>LCARS</Data>
      <Data>6.0.2030.0</Data>
      </EventData>
      </Event>
    matthew Hintzen
    matthew Hintzen
    Sunday, August 16, 2009 10:04 PM

All replies

• Try rebooting the server as a first attempt.
    If Connector setup still fails, you would have to validate, if the files in Home Server Connector Software  in the Software share  on your server are up to date.
    (On the server in C:\WHS the most current files can also be found, if necessary, copy them over.)
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Monday, August 17, 2009 1:20 PM
  • Well it was worth a try, but that didn't help.  Very odd.
    matthew Hintzen
    Monday, August 17, 2009 10:51 PM
  • So please check, which version is shown in Settings/Ressources on the console and what is the date of the msi files in the share Software in the Home Server Connector Software folder.
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Tuesday, August 18, 2009 7:53 AM