none
How I prepare for the MCP exam? RRS feed

• Question

• How I prepare and how can I get the syllabus? 

Are there books for MCP exam?

• Edited by Makarim Sunday, November 30, 2014 8:10 AM
    Sunday, November 30, 2014 8:09 AM

Answers

• First of all, the syllabus for each exam is in the exam description page, under the heading "Skills Measured". For instance, for exam 70-410, the exam description page is here: https://www.microsoft.com/learning/en-us/exam-70-410.aspx. For other exams, you can change the number at the end of the URL, or find the link from www.microsoft.com/learning.

I personally prepare for the exams by taking the Skills Measured list and checking each entry to verify that I have the corresponding knowledge. If I find an entry that I don't know much about, I search MSDN and/or Technet for documentation, or I browse the web for articles or tutorials on the subject.

Alternatively, if you prefer guided learning, examine the section "Preparation Options" in the exam description page. You wil see many options such as books and courses. Not every MCP exam has a corresponding book, but many of them do, so this is a viable option if you are familiar enough with the subject matter to be able to learn from a book.

Sunday, November 30, 2014 8:48 AM