Outgoing calls stopped working RRS feed

• Question

• i had to regenerate some internal certs for my OCS server last week since our root cert expired. Redoing the certs wasn't much of a problem, and I tested everything after that and things were working fine. I explicitly tested outgoing phone calls from Communicator by calling my friend's cell phone and talking to him via my webcam's microphone. I found today that outgoing calling does not work. It just rings and rings forever. As far as incoming calls go, our inbound conferencing number works just fine, so I know Call Manager is passing that into OCS successfully.

I am looking at the event log in the OCS snap-in on my mediation server, and it tells me the following:

Mediation Server cannot reach the Gateway. Additional failures will not be logged.

Cannot reach Gateway: 10.41.4.15 (ConnectionRefused)
    Cause: Gateway IP address is invalid or gateway is not functioning correctly.
    Resolution:
    Check the Gateway address and Gateway status and restart the service.

I've got full network connectivity between the mediation server and the callmanager server, so I'm not sure why it would be telling me this. Does anyone have some troubleshooting steps?
    Tuesday, October 13, 2009 6:15 PM

All replies

• Please do a Trace (New Debug Session) on the Mediation Server
    Use the Snooper tool from the OCS Resouce Kit Tools to investigate what is going wrong
    - Belgian Unified Communications Community : http://www.pro-exchange.be -
    Wednesday, October 14, 2009 3:00 PM
  • I think we may have traced it to a callmanager SIP problem. I will post any updates we find.
    Wednesday, October 14, 2009 3:30 PM
  • Hi
    Any update for your issue?

Tanks.
    Regards!
    Tuesday, October 20, 2009 4:27 AM
  • Yes, it was a callmanager problem related to SIP traffic. I don't work with callmanager at all, and I don't know any details about it, other than our networking guys were on the phone with Cisco for a good while. Sorry I can't help any more.
    Tuesday, October 20, 2009 12:00 PM