Authentication error RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi, I guess the same questions were already asked here again and again, but I got an error message "We weren't able to authenticate the website" when I tried to authenticate my blog. I added the meta tag to <head> section of the top page of my blog (http://blog.livedoor.jp/syoshii/ : sorry Japanese only) but it didn't work. I didn't have this problem on other search engines such as Google and Yahoo. Could anybody help me to complete the authentication process successfully?
    Monday, February 25, 2008 1:13 AM

Answers

All replies

• I checked the meta tag on my blog again and it was there, at the <head> section, absolutely the same tag as shown at Webmaster Tools.

<meta name="msvalidate.01" content="66661F6823554265AA521748F12C72C3" />

I just retried the verification but it failed again.

I have another blog (different provider) and I did the same verification process, then it went all right, no problem.

Any thought?

Tuesday, February 26, 2008 5:48 AM
  • Could anybody help? I have no idea what to do now...

Saturday, March 1, 2008 6:12 AM
  •  

The blog I'm using doesn't support xml/text files FTP to root directory so I can't use verification by xml file. It is XHTML so I understand I don't have to delete  /> . Any other thought?
    Sunday, March 2, 2008 10:57 AM
  • Hi everyone!
    I've the same problem, please help me.
    Bye,
    giuny
    Wednesday, March 5, 2008 2:24 PM
  • Hi, are you still having issues?

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 2:32 PM
  • Yes, the situation is not changed at all. Actually I tried it 3 minutes ago but still no good.

Wednesday, October 15, 2008 9:20 AM
  • I thought I read in another thread that Live Search and some other search engines had trouble (or would not) index websites with index pages that were more than two subfolders away from the root.  Could that be the problem with this blog?  Or did I just imagine reading that constraint?

... Duane

Wednesday, October 15, 2008 11:44 AM