Yet Another "Not Genuine" + 4 file mismatches RRS feed

• Question

• So I've been reading dozens of posts re: This copy of Windows is not genuine. I've had the problem for months - it comes and goes. Diag tool says I'm genuine, blah, blah, blah. Doesn't seem to cause any problems installing or running apps, just annoying. (This is a retail boxed Pro, build 7600 running x86.)

But in the MGAdiag report I found this:

File Scan Data-->

File Mismatch: C:\Windows\system32\wat\watadminsvc.exe[hr = 0x80070002]

File Mismatch: C:\Windows\system32\wat\npwatweb.dll[hr = 0x80070002]

File Mismatch: C:\Windows\system32\wat\watux.exe[hr = 0x80070002]

File Mismatch: C:\Windows\system32\wat\watweb.dll[hr = 0x80070002]

Any idea what that's about?

I do have Software Protection and SPP Notification set to "Manual" - I made the change based on the description of the services. I turned the services to "manual" after activation.

Regards,
    GEWB
    • Edited by Linux_Rules Wednesday, February 10, 2010 11:49 PM Copy-Paste inserted code
    Wednesday, February 10, 2010 10:16 PM

Answers

All replies

• Just checked my laptop (pre-installed Win7 Home) - it has the SAME mismatches! And this lappy has next to nothing installed on it.

Interesting. Maybe Win7 has a bug, or MGAdiag has one.

Regards,
    GEWB
    Thursday, February 11, 2010 12:58 AM
  • Hello Linux_Rules,

Any File Mismatch with 'wat' in it's name should be ignored till after you have installed the Windows Activation Technologies Update for Windows 7 that will become available in the coming days (http://windowsteamblog.com/blogs/genuinewindows/archive/2010/02/11/windows-activation-technologies-update-for-windows-7.aspx)

If you wish me to troublshoot your non-genuine issue, Please create a new thread and post your full Diagnostic Report.

Thank you,
    Darin MS 
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Friday, February 12, 2010 8:40 PM
    Friday, February 12, 2010 8:40 PM
  • Hello Linux_Rules,

Any File Mismatch with 'wat' in it's name should be ignored till after you have installed the Windows Activation Technologies Update for Windows 7 that will become available in the coming days (http://windowsteamblog.com/blogs/genuinewindows/archive/2010/02/11/windows-activation-technologies-update-for-windows-7.aspx )

If you wish me to troublshoot your non-genuine issue, Please create a new thread and post your full Diagnostic Report.

Thank you,
    Darin MS 

Hello Darin -

Thanks for your reply.

I'll ignore the "mismatch" but I will not be installing any Windows 7 updates for at least six month, probably longer.

I have opened a ticket with MS tech support and "Andy" is looking into it. I have provide 21 pages of information for him to digest.

Regards,
    GEWB
    Sunday, February 14, 2010 9:08 PM