Console Tray Icon RRS feed

• Question

• This is my first beta test, and am wondering if this is considered a bug or not.  I appreciate the help.

Most times when I right click on the tray icon for the console, it also brings up the rightclick menu for the taskbar as well, and the two lay on each other.

Wednesday, February 21, 2007 2:41 PM

Answers

• You might be inadvertently *double* right-clicking, though someone else said it could be reproduced with a single click.  I saw this written up as Feedback item:

https://connect.microsoft.com/WindowsHomeServer/feedback/ViewFeedback.aspx?FeedbackID=257690

You might want to review that and add your validation if you can reproduce it also.  It is already marked as Resolved (External), but honestly I don't know what that means.

Wednesday, February 21, 2007 9:13 PM
  • This is a known issue with the tray in Windows XP and Windows Vista that is not unique to the Windows Home Server tray icon.  It happens with other applications too if you don't right click on the icon - you just miss by a little.  The Windows client team is aware of this issue that is why it is "Resolved (External)" - as it is a Windows Client issue, not a Windows Home Server issue
    Wednesday, February 21, 2007 10:26 PM

All replies

• Are you running any sort of skinning or theming software(Windowblinds?)?  I'm not seeing any issues on my end, but have seen similar tray issues in the past with other apps.
    Wednesday, February 21, 2007 3:30 PM
  • No skinning at all.  I am running Xp Media Center 2005 Rollup2, with media center on a sperate monitor/tv.  I just installed the beta last night, and I believe it happened 3 times.  I rebooted the mce pc just to make sure, and it still happens.  I actually have very few apps on this pc since its our media center.
    Wednesday, February 21, 2007 4:16 PM
  • You might be inadvertently *double* right-clicking, though someone else said it could be reproduced with a single click.  I saw this written up as Feedback item:

https://connect.microsoft.com/WindowsHomeServer/feedback/ViewFeedback.aspx?FeedbackID=257690

You might want to review that and add your validation if you can reproduce it also.  It is already marked as Resolved (External), but honestly I don't know what that means.

Wednesday, February 21, 2007 9:13 PM
  • Thansk for pointing me there Blaine.  I hope that I have more time this evening to play around with it and see if I can reproduce it again.
    Wednesday, February 21, 2007 9:39 PM
  • This is a known issue with the tray in Windows XP and Windows Vista that is not unique to the Windows Home Server tray icon.  It happens with other applications too if you don't right click on the icon - you just miss by a little.  The Windows client team is aware of this issue that is why it is "Resolved (External)" - as it is a Windows Client issue, not a Windows Home Server issue
    Wednesday, February 21, 2007 10:26 PM