OCS2007: Failure at Step 7 (Delegate Setup and Administration) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm trying to install OCS2007 Public Beta. Everything is working fine (Step
    1 to Set 6). But now I'm at Set 7 (Delegate Setup and Administration =>
    Delegate Setup Tasks) and getting an error message at Execute Action =>
    Create SetupAdminDelegation => Create Global Settings Delegation => Create
    RTCGlobalReadDelegation:

Failure [0x80072035] The server is unwilling to process the request.

All other things getting a "green success". What can I do?

Thanks
    Benni
    Friday, April 20, 2007 11:13 AM

Answers

• The error:  The server is unwilling to process the request is an ADSI error.  Every time I have seen it, it was because a VB script I had written was trying to make a change to a user account that violated a schema attribute constraint, like trying to set a password that did not meet domain complexity requirements.  Check to make sure the group you are entering in the first part of the setup exists and is of the proper type.  From the OCS_ADGuide.doc:

You must specify a global or universal group when you delegate setup. You cannot use a local group, and this group must already exist.

Pete
    Friday, April 20, 2007 1:31 PM

All replies

• The error:  The server is unwilling to process the request is an ADSI error.  Every time I have seen it, it was because a VB script I had written was trying to make a change to a user account that violated a schema attribute constraint, like trying to set a password that did not meet domain complexity requirements.  Check to make sure the group you are entering in the first part of the setup exists and is of the proper type.  From the OCS_ADGuide.doc:

You must specify a global or universal group when you delegate setup. You cannot use a local group, and this group must already exist.

Pete
    Friday, April 20, 2007 1:31 PM
  • Thats it thank you! I have to set the RTCSetupDelegate Group to Global and not Lokal!
    Friday, April 20, 2007 3:02 PM
  • Hi Benni - Could you please share what exact steps you went through to set the RTCSetupDelegate to Global?

Thanks in advance.
    Tuesday, August 7, 2007 3:18 AM