Invitee does not have full access to mesh RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everybody!
    I managed to get in yesterday through Microsoft Connect. So far I really like Live Mesh, although I could not run the client on one of my computers (reported as a bug on Connect).

Today I invited a friend to a shared folder. He was able to access that folder and see the Live Desktop, but when he clicked on the Devices or the News buttons he was redirected to the Desktop window, and the shared folder was automatically opened for browsing. He was not able to add his computer to the mesh until he applied for access through Microsoft Connect like I did yesterday. He now has full access.

My question: is this the expected behavior? Or once invited, he should have been able to access the full features of Live Mesh (e.g. adding devices)?
    I want to be prepared for the next invites ;-)

Thank you,
    Dorin
    Thursday, July 17, 2008 11:18 PM

Answers

All replies

• I believe that this is expected behavior, although a user with a LiveID with the regional profile shown as US should be able to apply and have immediate access via www.mesh.com according to the announcement: We are now accepting new customers on Live Mesh!

-steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare Forum Moderator
    Friday, July 18, 2008 1:32 PM
  • Thank you Steve - this is what my friend did.
    Good to know it wasn't a bug.

Dorin
    Friday, July 18, 2008 2:12 PM