Windows OneCare on cloned drive RRS feed

• Question

•  

I purchased a 2nd identical hard drive and installed it in my Dell XPS. Then I cloned the master drive to the slave drive (used Acronis TI v11)and set up to dual boot. All works perfectly, and all parts of my computer, OS and DVD works perfectly. My intent was to use the 2nd drive or cloned drive as my primary drive and remove the old drive when everything works. However, when I went to update and backup OneCare using the same disc set as before, I received a cryptic DOS message that all was not right (I did not understand the message, and much was off the screen). Does this mean that I need to reinstall OneCare, or do I need to create another disc set? OneCare seems to be working well except when I use the DVD disc set.
    Sunday, January 13, 2008 9:21 AM

Answers

• I would recommend creating a new backup set by changing the backup plan information in OneCare and after saving the settings, start a new backup. If that doesn't work, simply uninstall OneCare and reinstall it which will require you to reconfigure backup. In the current configuration with two drives, and OneCare having moved to a different drive, I think it has gotten confused.

-steve

Sunday, January 13, 2008 7:25 PM

All replies

• I would recommend creating a new backup set by changing the backup plan information in OneCare and after saving the settings, start a new backup. If that doesn't work, simply uninstall OneCare and reinstall it which will require you to reconfigure backup. In the current configuration with two drives, and OneCare having moved to a different drive, I think it has gotten confused.

-steve

Sunday, January 13, 2008 7:25 PM
  • Thanks, I will create another backup set using the new drive. I am learning lessons as I go along.........

Sunday, January 13, 2008 10:35 PM