OCS-Proxy and Nortel CS1000 RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi,

i am currently working on integrating OCS and Nortel PBX. As part of the pre-reqs on the Nortel documentation it says install a Ocs-Proxy Server and then MCM 3.0 software must be installed on top of this..see link..

https://get.globalknowledge.com/nortel/catalog/cs/details.php?o=2:872

I wasnt aware there was a seperate proxy server to be installed in ocs as part of the integration of cs1000? Also I presume this MCM 3.0 software is Nortels. Can anybody shine some light on this?

Also if the above is true. Does the proxy and mcm software need to be installed on a seperate box? or can it be colocated on ocs server ( i am running ocs 2007 standard )

Cheers

Tuesday, May 13, 2008 9:32 AM

Answers

• What you need to get this up and runnng is the following:

- OCS Pool / Standard or Enterprise

- OCS Mediation Server

- OCS Proxy with Nortel MCM Software

- CS1000 release 5.0 or higher (I think the 5.5 is still in beta)

So yes, you need to have all these services in diffrent servers.

OCS Proxy is the same as the LCS Proxy, but as you notice lack of documentation.

OCS Proxy need to be installed via command prompt and even if the Nortel documentation is little wroing in syntax it's not difficult to get it installed.

Good Luck, we have been running it in a production proof-of-concept almost two month now with 300 users, workes fine.

Thursday, May 15, 2008 6:19 AM

All replies

• What you need to get this up and runnng is the following:

- OCS Pool / Standard or Enterprise

- OCS Mediation Server

- OCS Proxy with Nortel MCM Software

- CS1000 release 5.0 or higher (I think the 5.5 is still in beta)

So yes, you need to have all these services in diffrent servers.

OCS Proxy is the same as the LCS Proxy, but as you notice lack of documentation.

OCS Proxy need to be installed via command prompt and even if the Nortel documentation is little wroing in syntax it's not difficult to get it installed.

Good Luck, we have been running it in a production proof-of-concept almost two month now with 300 users, workes fine.

Thursday, May 15, 2008 6:19 AM
  • Johan,

Is the MCM software mandatory for CS1000 integration?  I read that if you want functionality like dual ringing on MOCC and a Nortel IP phone, MCM is required to configure/control the IP phone.  We're looking to only use the Tanjay (Polycom) Office Communicator phones, so do we still need MCM/OCS Proxy?

Thanks,

Rory.

Monday, May 19, 2008 12:08 PM
  • The MCM software is not mandatory when integrating with CS1000. You can use both Dialogic and AudioCode for this however Nortel is the first that has direct integration between OCS and CS1000.

There are both pros and cons in the different path, I actually think the Dialogic and AudioCode path cost less and that is that you only need to buy PCA licenses for number of lines you have connected to the gateway instead of in the Nortel integration you need one PCA licenses per extension.

We have done testing with RCC but only on standard old phones and that works fine in the Nortel solutions. I haven’t looked at the Tanjay phone but isn’t that connected to the OCS Server? If so, the idea would be to have several clients connected with the same user id, i.e. the normal Communication and the Tanjay and both gets SIP signalling at the same time. When a call is initiated to the user both clients will give notice of an incoming call and the one you answer in will setup the session.

Tuesday, May 20, 2008 12:45 PM
  •  

Hello Rory,

if you plan to use only the Office Communicator Phone Experience Devices (Tanjay) you only need a gateway which will work with OCS Mediation Server. The list of certified one's has become bigger Smile http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/office/bb735838.aspx#qualified

Note: Tanjay will not be able to support Remote Call Control! Its only a modified communicator running on Windows CE 3.0.

Please make sure that OCS will fulfill all the features you want from a voip-system. What about Call Pickup / Retrieve, secretary features, hunt groups, etc.

Best regards,

Jan

Wednesday, May 21, 2008 2:32 AM
  • Hi Johan,

Thanks for your previous help. We are currently in the process of integrating ocs and nortel cs1000. Do you have any tips are usefull documentation that would help in our quest.

vielan danke

Patrick

Tuesday, June 10, 2008 1:10 PM
  • Hi,

I have an ocs standard edition working with CS1000 rel 5.5. All works fine but when i answer from OC client the deskphone go in autoanswer. Is it  a wrong configuration ? My ask if is it possible to switch beetween pc conversetion and deskphone.

Thanks a lot

Best regards

Pietro

Thursday, June 12, 2008 7:37 AM
  • Hi Pietro,

You are getting further than I. I can get ocs to ring pbx phones via ocs-proxy/mcm server. However I cannot get the pbx to ring ocs via the ocs-proxy/mcm server. But if I configure pbx to talk directly to the OCS mediation server (exclude the ocs-proxy/mcm server) I can get dual forking working. But the pbx phone rings twice before the ocs phone starts ringing. Any ideas?

Thanks

Thursday, June 12, 2008 9:17 AM
  •  

Hi Celtic,

actually i'm working on CS1000E rel 5.5, and OCS2007 Standard edition + mediation server + ocsproxy with Nortel MCM 3.5.

This is the configuration suggested by Nortel, but unfortunately Nortel documentation is not so clear.

However my setup now work fine; i have enterprise voice and pbx integration and the only problem is that I only can answer using oc client but not talk. When I answer with oc the desktop phone go in hands free mode.

What is your environment ?

Best regards

Pietro

Friday, June 13, 2008 7:15 AM
  • I am currently planning a CS1000/OCS integration using only Tanjay (LG-Nortel 8540) devices and I'm trying to understand exactly what Nortel components will be necessary. I have a good understanding of the OCS components involved but I don't have a full understanding of the Nortel components needed. There will be no standard IP phones so all client endpoints will be OCS clients, either Communicator or the Tanjay phone. Unfortunately I'm forced to work with a particular Nortel vendor who doesn't seem to have a clue about what is necessary for the OCS integration from the Nortel side of things.

We are trying to avoid using the OCS Proxy/MCM because from what I have read, it seems that this component is only necessary if there will be standard IP phones connected to the PBX for RCC and call forking. Can the CS1000 talk directly to the Mediation Server or is the MCM/OCS Proxy necessary in this scenario? If it's not necessary, is there any functionality that will be lost if the OCS Proxy/MCM is not used?

What licensing is necessary on the CS1000 to make this configuration work?

We have purchased the following components:

1 - CS1000E CPPM 0L/0T SA Chassis

1 - Ext. Analogue MW Line Card

1 - Card 8 Port UXT

1 - Stratum 3 Clock Contr D/Board

1 - Ground Bar Assy Opt11

1 - MG 1000 Chassis Expander

8 - 1 Enh Analog Set License R5.5

16 - 1 Enh IP Set License R5.5

1 - CPPM Cab/Chas Sign Srvr R5.5

1 - Tmdi Pkg (1.5MB Dti/Pri)

2 - PWR Cord 9.9ft 11CM 125VA

1 - TM 3.1 Svr Lic-50Sets-USB Dong

1 - CS1000E CPPM SA SYS SW R5.5

1 - SW Pkg 57-BARS-BASIC Alternate

15 - Nortel LG IP 8540 Telephones

1 - PWR Cord 9.9ft 11CM 125VA

1 - IP 1140E Eng Text Kcaps w/o PS

Do I need to have a SIP and PCA license for each Tanjay extension? What other Nortel components/licenses am I missing? I understand that this is not a Nortel forum, but it seems that some of the posters in this thread have some advanced knowledge of the topic and I'm looking for any help I can get. Thanks in advance!
    Tuesday, August 12, 2008 11:12 PM
  • Hi,

from Nortel side, you need to buy TLSV license.

Next , to have dual forking and RCC, you need to install OCS PROXY and MCM 3.5 (a little sw from Nortel).

Integration works fine with all kind of Nortel phones (ip and digital) and also with analog phones. I don't think that dual fork and RCC works with LG phone.

I suggest to read the Nortel document "NN43001-121_02.01_conoffFND.pdf" that explain how to configure OCS and Nortel CS1000 to work togheter.

This document is not really easy and some step are not 100% correct.

I have some minor problem now in my test lab, as for my previous post, but the integration works !

Pietro

Tuesday, August 19, 2008 6:16 AM
  • Hi,

last week we have tested the same configuration of Pietr67, cs1000 rel. 3.5 with MCM 3.5.

In the same way, all work correctly except voice on MOC. Isn't possible to use the MOC for audio, but only desk phone.

Some one was able to use MOC for audio in this type of integration?

Thanks,

Elia.

Monday, September 22, 2008 12:07 PM
  • Hi,

i have done a lot of test but i can't use moc for audio.

It is very strange, an CS100rel 5 all works fine, with 5.5 i can only accept call with moc but not use audio.

Thanks

Pietro

Wednesday, October 1, 2008 6:02 AM
  • I think I've got the same problem. I can answer the incoming call using MOC but the voice path is then directed through the desk phone and not the PC speaker. I it is actually only RCC that works. Communicator calls work fine though...

I spoke to the local Nortel resource as well as a Microsoft OCS MVP. Neither could provide an answer. Any ideas?

Thanks

Jannes

Friday, October 10, 2008 5:43 AM
  • I also have the same problem.   Did you find any issues in the configuration?

Any ideas?

Regards,

Miguel.
    Monday, October 20, 2008 7:14 PM
  •  

Hi,

I have fix the problem (OCS2007 with MCM 3.50.0.4and Nortel CS1000E 5.5

On MCM you need to check that Mediation Server Pool Identifier is the name of the sip gateway id (case sensitive) but also you need to add the DSC hot point number.

In my case OCSSIP/889.

If you don't add the DSC hotpoint number the voice path in not estabilished with MOC (trace show authentication error).

Also you need to check the MCM "Incoming Call Processing Parameters". When you install MCM by default Called Phone Prefix Insert are set to 0 and Caller Phone Prefiz Insert to 6. Delete any number.

Pietro

Thursday, October 23, 2008 7:18 AM
  • Pietro,
    I have a quick question regard the DSC hot point number.  I dont seem to recall reading about it.
    Where do you get this information and where does it get inputted ?

thanks,
    John
    Monday, November 10, 2008 6:07 PM
  •  

We have implemented the whole CS1000 release 5.5 and OCS 2007 in our lab.  I know exactly what the person above is talking about regarding the pool id.  Prior on release CS1000 release 5.0 and MCM 3.0 you did not need to add the DSC number. IE. pool identifier = voxlab1000e.  On release 5.5 and MCM 3.5 you need "voxlab100e/<dsc number>".  Our problem was we just upgraded from 5.0 to 5.5 and there was nothing clear that stated that needed to happen.

It is documented in the Nortel Converged Office Fundamentals Guide.

The company I work for is a Nortel Premium Advantage partner, and we install and maintain the Nortel product.  We are also a Microsoft Certified Partner and install and implement OCS with the CS1000.

contact me if you have questions.  cmcgreanor@voxns.com

Chad McGreanor - Vox Network Solutions.  www.voxns.com  http://support.voxns.com

Wednesday, November 12, 2008 11:15 PM
  • Hi

We have the same problem while making calls form Nortel side (CS 1000 5.5) to MOC. When user is configured for dual forking everything works: CS1000 inserts sip-gw-id tag into SIP request and MCM routes it to Mediation server. But we also need to enable incoming calls from Nortel side to MOC (for users that do not have Nortel desktop phone). But for this scenario SIP INVITE from CS 1000 to MCM do not have sip-gw-id tag. So it's not routed to MOC user.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Nick

Tuesday, January 27, 2009 3:39 PM
  • Hi,

we have a particular problem with OCS 2007,CS1000E 5.5 and MOC.
    If i call from PSTN to OCS client, i have a conditions of one way speech, that is i don't have audio from OCS client to PSTN, because OCS send me mu-law codec but i configure it in a-law and my CS1000E must to be configured in a-law and i don't change it.

I already installed all necessary patch that i readed on the nortel official instruction.

How can i resolved my problem?

Regards

Thank you
    Friday, February 13, 2009 11:16 AM
  • Hi Nick,

How do you get the CS1000 to insert the sip-gw-id tag into the SIP request?  We are integrating OCS R2 with our CS1000 but have hit a road block on this issue.

I assume I will also have your other problem, inserting the sip-gw-id tag for users without dual forking enabled, did you also have a solution to this problem?

Cheers,

Manuel.-
    Sunday, June 21, 2009 11:43 PM
  • Hi

How you program at nortel PBX LG-Nortel 8540 ??
    Are they SIP endpoints?
    Friday, June 26, 2009 11:38 AM
  • Hi Nick,

I am having the same problem, when user is configured for Dual Forking everything works great, but when the user is only on the MOC we don't get the sip-gw-id in the SIP INVITE.

Did you find a way around this?

Thanks,

Manuel.-
    Friday, June 26, 2009 2:49 PM
  • I have a similar setup:

CS 1000 release 5.5
    OCS Proxy with MCM 4.0 installed
    OCS Mediation Server

We have gotten everything to work fine.
    For users with digital phones we are able to setup Enterprise Voice with PBX Integration and RCC/Dual Forking and for users with analog phones with Enterprise Voice without PBX Integration or RCC (since they can't take their phones off hook or into speakerphone mode).

Both options work, everyone is able to receive and make calls properly.

Now we want to do the following:

Add second mediation server and Proxy/MCM server for HA and load balancing
    Secure the communication between the Proxy/MCM and CS 1000 by setting up TLS over 5061

Our Nortel support vendor states they have never done either of these things, and they don't know anyone at Nortel who has.  The Nortel documentation is shaky on both of these solutions, so we don't have many options to make this secure and add some redundancy to the environment.

We have a hardware load balancer (F5) and we are able to add the two proxy/MCM servers to the load balancer and even as gateway endpoints on the NRS, but we are not sure within the various OCS settings how we direct communications to the Proxy LB VIP.

I think we are ok with mediation, adding both routes within MCM and under OCS Forest Properties, Voice Properties, outbound routes.

As far as the secure communications goes our Nortel support can't find where we import our trusted root CA certificate into the CS 1000, so we are stuck there.

Any help appreciated,

Aaron

afoint
    Thursday, October 29, 2009 5:15 PM