get rid of General forum or make it less discoverable RRS feed

• Question

• I just pulled up the first page of posts in the General forum just now and of the 20 threads listed, ONE is for Blend and the other 19 are for Web only! When I pull up the second page, half are Silverlight/Blend related (including a blend crashing bug that went unanswered by the way) and half are Web related.

When I look at pages 2-4 of the General Forum, I see 20 unanswered threads. (I don’t know about the other product forums but for Expression Web that would be quite unusual to have that many unanswered threads.) I think we should have only product-specific forums. If a user wants to know more about some workflow between products, such as Expression Web and Design, they can start in the forum where it’s most appropriate…such as if the question is about slice output in Design, use the Design forum…and then when they have questions about importing those assets into Expression Web, they can go to that forum.

Doing this would provide more accurate stats on the # of posts for a particular product, would improve the chance that a user will get a response to their question, and will make it easier for everyone to help answer questions.

Or at the very least, put the General forum link at the bottom of the list on the Community website and improve its label if appropriate…and put at the bottom on the forums homepage too….instead of presenting it as the first option in the community website and alphabetical in the forum homepage.

Anna

Expression Web l Standards Based Web Authoring
    Saturday, March 29, 2008 3:05 AM

Answers

• We'll have the ability to move the general heading to the bottom in an upcoming release.
    Forums Product Planner, Andrew.Brenner at Microsoft.com
    Wednesday, April 2, 2008 12:19 AM