none
Visual Basic Help!

General discussion

• Please can you guys help me. I am making a program where the user inputs the weight of a package and the cost will be displayed. If the package exceeds 1000g by 250g then the user will be charged and extra £0.86.

For example if the user inputs 1500g then they will be charged £0.86x2 = £1.72 on top of their bill

Or if then input 1750g then they will be charged £0.86x3 = £2.58 on top of their bill

etc. 

How can I code this?

Tuesday, October 14, 2014 1:30 PM

All replies

• Please can you guys help me. I am making a program where the user inputs the weight of a package and the cost will be displayed. If the package exceeds 1000g by 250g then the user will be charged and extra £0.86.

For example if the user inputs 1500g then they will be charged £0.86x2 = £1.72 on top of their bill

Or if then input 1750g then they will be charged £0.86x3 = £2.58 on top of their bill

etc. 

How can I code this?

How, indeed. This looks suspiciously like a homework question, and as you know, we don't provide solutions to homework problems.

If you are having trouble coming up with an algorithm, talk to your tutor or teacher.

Tuesday, October 14, 2014 3:27 PM
  • It's fine I found the solution anyway. Also this is not homework, don't accuse people before you know.
    Tuesday, October 14, 2014 3:28 PM
  • Hi MrAlaweey98,

Glad to see your issue has been resolved. Could you please share the solution here? It will help other persons who are encountering the similar issue.

If you have some further questions about Visual Basic programming, Visual Basic forum: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/home?forum=vbgeneral is a better choice for resolve the issue.

VS General Question forum  mainly discusses the usage issue of Visual Studio IDE such as WPF & SL designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System and Visual Studio Editor. If you have VS IDE issue, you can post in VS General forum, we will provide support for you.

Best regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, October 15, 2014 5:49 AM