Still no defrag options..... RRS feed

• General discussion

• I was kind of hoping they listened during the last beta and included options for defrag to do just specific areas, (i.e. system drive).  I really don't want to wait for it to run through all my massive data drives, which really don't need defragging each time.  A drive selection setting list to apply would be ideal.  Submitting again, in hope of inclusion next time.....
    Friday, July 13, 2007 12:14 PM

All replies

• Hello,

I would love to turn it off or select drives. I prefer PerfectDisk.

Eric

Friday, July 13, 2007 5:17 PM
  • I'm not testing this version, but as a OneCare Subscriber, I would like to reiterate the importance of giving users who have purchased other defragmentation software to turn off the defrag in OneCare.

Saturday, July 14, 2007 5:17 PM
  • I'll add that I'm disappointed that this has not yet made it into OneCare. I'm hopeful that it is still being considered for a future update.

-steve

Sunday, July 15, 2007 2:03 AM
  • I agree and that is why I have Diskeeper Pro set to defrag before the tune-up starts

chuck 

Sunday, July 15, 2007 11:00 PM
  • I second this!  And PLEASE...a progress bar of some sort for defrag and virus sweeps. Drives are way to big not to have some idea...

Friday, July 27, 2007 9:38 PM
  • +1. Agree. Neither can I see why AM scan is included. It's in its own schedule too, for chris sake. If it's because the AM scan only schedule only is a fast scan, you should have option to turn that off aswell - OR - customize it in terms of type of scan for example. The Tune-Up feature in general needs complete customization and maybe also get set to work everytime the PC is idle - stop process as you begin to move mouse or type on keyboard again, and then take up the process. That would be completely awesome.

Friday, July 27, 2007 10:21 PM