Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8 = iPad and iPhone?? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

If I want to develop an app for both Win 8 Metro and Win Phone 8, is it similar to the case of iPad and iPhone pair? 

That mean most of the code is the same, just need to adjust the codes for UI and imaging. 

Is it working like this?

Thanks.

Raymond

Wednesday, September 12, 2012 3:53 PM

Answers

All replies

• Yes they are the same in developing but a little different in the UI. but the WP8 sdk not release yet

Ibraheem Osama Mohamed | My Blog | @IbraheemOsamaMo

(If my reply answers your question, please propose it as an answer)

Wednesday, September 12, 2012 4:21 PM
  • Yes they are the same in developing but a little different in the UI. but the WP8 sdk not release yet

Ibraheem Osama Mohamed | My Blog | @IbraheemOsamaMo

(If my reply answers your question, please propose it as an answer)

I see, how about WP 7.5 or 7 ?

Thanks. 

Wednesday, September 12, 2012 4:36 PM
  • I see, how about WP 7.5 or 7 ?

Thanks. 

both have same resolution 480x800, only difference is 7.5 has some new and modified methods.

Code done on wp 7 can run on both 7 and 7.5 but code done on 7.5 only run on 7.5.

Wednesday, September 12, 2012 5:12 PM
  • I see, how about WP 7.5 or 7 ?

Thanks. 

both have same resolution 480x800, only difference is 7.5 has some new and modified methods.

Code done on wp 7 can run on both 7 and 7.5 but code done on 7.5 only run on 7.5.

I mean the coding between Win8 Metro Tablet and WP8/7.5/7, is it similar to iPad and iPhone pair?

Wednesday, September 12, 2012 5:21 PM
  • I don't know about Windows phone 8 as it's sdk is not available.

but you can use upto 80-90% of wp7.5/7 code to windows 8 only some library has to change.

This forum is about using existing xaml in metro app

Wednesday, September 12, 2012 5:39 PM
  • Windows 8 and windows phone 7 is not similar to ipad and iphone pair .

I hope windows 8 and windows phone 8 will be :)

Wednesday, September 12, 2012 5:41 PM
  • Windows 8 and windows phone 7 is not similar to ipad and iphone pair .

I hope windows 8 and windows phone 8 will be :)

So why you said I can use 80-90% code? More things except UI?

Wednesday, September 12, 2012 5:53 PM
  • The Building Windows Store apps with C# or VB   forum is for discussing writing the Windows Store apps for Windows 8 and Windows RT. Windows Phone discussion is off-topic.

Please post questions about Windows Phone development on the Developing for Windows Phone forum on the Windows Phone Dev Center.

For Windows Phone 8 information please see Announcing Windows Phone 8 and the Status update: Windows Phone 8 Developer Tools post in the Developing for Windows Phone forum. Full details on Windows Phone 8 development will be announced later and discussed in those locations.

--Rob

Wednesday, September 12, 2012 7:00 PM