Does WHS recognise/display Chinese filenames RRS feed

• Question

• Does WHS recognise and properly display Chinese filenames? Do I need any additonal resources/files other than the "regular" updates and power packs to do that?

I have a collection of MP3s with Chinese (Traditional) characters in the filename and/or the tags that I would to store on the server instead of my PC.

Many thanks.
    Wednesday, December 2, 2009 4:31 PM

All replies

• The answer is likely to be "it depends". I would expect files with Chinese (Traditional) characters in the file names to display properly when accessed through the shares, if your client computer supports them. If you're streaming the files using the built-in media streaming tools, I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't support Chinese unless your server is running the Chinese localized version of Windows Home Server.

I doubt that any harm will be done by trying it though. :)
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Wednesday, December 2, 2009 5:17 PM
  • Thx! I'm really just concerned with being able to see the Chiense characters in the file names/tags rather than a bunch of box sysmbols. Most of my PCs/laptops support Chinese characters. It is quite unfortunate that none of the audio programs that I favour can display Chinese characters.

Cheers!
    Wednesday, December 2, 2009 6:02 PM