Selling Used Retail Box XP to Another Person - Any Issues? RRS feed

• Question

• I have a retail box version of Microsoft Windows XP SP1 which I bought many years back at Fry's Electronics.  It is NO longer on my computer and want to sell this used retail box version to another individual.  Will there be any issues in doing so in Validation key etc?

Regards,

Vimaris

Friday, January 25, 2008 7:01 PM

Answers

• Hello Vimaris,

Yes, you are allowed to resell your retail copy of Windows XP as long as you remove it from your current machine and provide the person you are selling the software to any and all documents, manuals and CDs which came with your retail copy of Windows.  Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thank you,

Matt Prall, MS
    WGA Forum Manager

Friday, January 25, 2008 7:21 PM

All replies

• Hello Vimaris,

Yes, you are allowed to resell your retail copy of Windows XP as long as you remove it from your current machine and provide the person you are selling the software to any and all documents, manuals and CDs which came with your retail copy of Windows.  Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thank you,

Matt Prall, MS
    WGA Forum Manager

Friday, January 25, 2008 7:21 PM
  • Hi I have bought a copy of windows xp retail version and would like to sell it on ebay is there an issue with this.? I know longer need it as i now run Vista. It hasn;t been used
    Monday, April 13, 2009 4:19 PM