50403A Implementing Active Directory Rights Management Services with Exchange and SharePoint RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Just got a few questions about this course:

1. How is one meant to deliver 578 slides and do 185 pages worth of labs in 4 days?

2. Where is the 'error log' for this MOC, as the labs contain a few critical errors, steps are either incorrect or missing, or already done

3. I have re-downloaded the virtual machines last week, but the vm's are still missing key components that the labs ask you to look for (e.g. C:\labfiles\ReportViewer.exe, etc).

look forward to the feedback

SK

Tuesday, September 6, 2011 11:04 AM

Answers

• The 50xxx courses are not really "Official" courses; they are part of the Courseware Library, which hosts courses developed by third parties. Depending on the "third party" that developed the course, they are not always up to the standard of quality that we would expect to find in an official Microsoft course.

The way I understand it, the original intention was that the quality of the courses in the Courseware Library would be controlled by the peer reviews performed by other users of the courseware library (mainly MCTs), so that you could take a look at the evaluations of a course and decide whether it was good enough for you. This has proven to be insufficient, and the coursware library is currently undergoing a review process where the courses are being subject to an "official" review process, which will either reject or fix 'bad' courses. This review will be compulsory for new courses added to the library, but existing courses may be unsatisfactory for a while, until their turn comes to be reviewed.

• Marked as answer by D Wind Wednesday, September 7, 2011 5:33 PM
    Tuesday, September 6, 2011 5:34 PM
  • 1. The courses can be delivered in a classroom as long as all the requirements in the license agreement are fulfilled. If I recall correctly, these requirements are the same as for MOC courses, so one of the main limitations would be that public classes can only be taught by a CPLS using an MCT instructor. But I could be wrong on this, so please don't take my word for it and check the documents at the Courseware Library.

2. There is never any proof that the contents of any course are a 100% accurate. This doesn't only apply to the CourseWare Library; even the mainstream Microsoft Official Courses (as well as courses ffrom other vendors) sometimes contain errors. There is a mechanism for reporting the errors in MOC courses. Reported errors eventually wind up being listed in a file called "Error Log" for each course in the download center.

Wednesday, September 7, 2011 4:09 PM

All replies

• The 50xxx courses are not really "Official" courses; they are part of the Courseware Library, which hosts courses developed by third parties. Depending on the "third party" that developed the course, they are not always up to the standard of quality that we would expect to find in an official Microsoft course.

The way I understand it, the original intention was that the quality of the courses in the Courseware Library would be controlled by the peer reviews performed by other users of the courseware library (mainly MCTs), so that you could take a look at the evaluations of a course and decide whether it was good enough for you. This has proven to be insufficient, and the coursware library is currently undergoing a review process where the courses are being subject to an "official" review process, which will either reject or fix 'bad' courses. This review will be compulsory for new courses added to the library, but existing courses may be unsatisfactory for a while, until their turn comes to be reviewed.

Tuesday, September 6, 2011 5:34 PM
  • Ah, did not know that, so:

1. can one legally deliver these in a classroom situation?

2. and therefore there is no proof that the content is 100% accurate?

• Edited by D Wind Wednesday, September 7, 2011 1:03 PM
    Wednesday, September 7, 2011 12:28 PM
  • 1. The courses can be delivered in a classroom as long as all the requirements in the license agreement are fulfilled. If I recall correctly, these requirements are the same as for MOC courses, so one of the main limitations would be that public classes can only be taught by a CPLS using an MCT instructor. But I could be wrong on this, so please don't take my word for it and check the documents at the Courseware Library.

2. There is never any proof that the contents of any course are a 100% accurate. This doesn't only apply to the CourseWare Library; even the mainstream Microsoft Official Courses (as well as courses ffrom other vendors) sometimes contain errors. There is a mechanism for reporting the errors in MOC courses. Reported errors eventually wind up being listed in a file called "Error Log" for each course in the download center.

Wednesday, September 7, 2011 4:09 PM
  • Thanks Alberto - appreciate your quick responses.

Regards.

Wednesday, September 7, 2011 5:33 PM
  • Hi Swan\Alberto

I am looking for PPT for 50403 course.

Does this course 50403 contains PPT also or we need to create of our own. Would be great support if You could quickly reply.

I didnt found it in download section.

If it doesnt contains could You share your slides as said above 578 slides.

Hi Alberto,

If You have any solution, pls let me know

DK

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 11:11 AM