HP EX485 Won't Backup RRS feed

• Question

• I just purchased an HP EX485 with Windows Home Server. It installed and is running beautifully but it won't backup my system. I've configured the backup and scheduled the backup window between 12:00AM and 5:00AM but it never runs. The only backups that have taken place are those that I start manually. Is there some magic trick that I need to know to make the backups run? 

The desktop is running Windows XP Pro, has 2GB memory, 2.0 GHz processor and around 500GB of disk storage (45% used).
    Thursday, February 26, 2009 9:53 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,
    does the backup run, if you leave the client PC on and ensure, that it goes not to standby or hibernate mode?
    Is it in Standby or Hibernate, if the backup should occur (a PC, which has been fully shutdown will not wake up)?
    Is the setting Wake this Computer for Backup in the menu of the Connector software enabled?
    Are there any hints about a wakeup event or an attempted backup in the event log (some clients tend to wake up and fall into sleep very quick again)?

Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf

Friday, February 27, 2009 7:30 AM
  • Thanks for the reply Olaf,

The computer never sleeps or hibernates. The only thing that goes into sleep mode is the monitor. Not really sure if the "Wake this Computer for Backup" is set because I can't find it anywhere. I've looked at all the settings. What's the Connector? Is that the Windows Home Server Console? I don't see anything called Connector.

Friday, February 27, 2009 3:35 PM
  • Ok, found the wake up and it is turned on.... The backups just don't start. 
    Friday, February 27, 2009 6:12 PM
  • CB McCoy said:

Ok, found the wake up and it is turned on.... The backups just don't start. 

Hi,

You can have us help you dig through your event logs and backup logs or you can contact HP. You are covered under your service contract so support is free.

Thank you

Lara Jones [MSFT] | Program Manager
    Community Support and Beta | Windows Home Server Team
    Windows Home Server Team Blog
    Connect Windows Home Server
    Windows Home Server
    Friday, February 27, 2009 7:13 PM