Unable to login to live mesh today RRS feed

• Question

• I have been using the Live mesh client with no problems till today when I connected in the morning and am now unable to reconnect. I keep getting the error "unable to validate user on live mesh" I have uninstalled the client and reinstalled but am not able to login in. Any help? Thanks.
    Monday, December 8, 2008 9:43 PM

Answers

• Hi everyone,

We had an issue with the install file yesterday that was resolved this morning.  If you are having trouble with Live Mesh for Mobile, please try downloading and installing the Live Mesh software again.  If you're still having problems after downloading and installing the newest file, please let us know.

Thanks,

Ben.

Tuesday, December 9, 2008 5:21 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Live Mesh is experiencing intermittent service outages today due to scheduled maintenance.  Please see the Announcement on the main Live Mesh page of the forums.  If you continue to have problems after today, please submit a bug through our Connect site and attach your logs (instructions are in an Announcement at the top of the forums).

Thanks,

Ben.
    Monday, December 8, 2008 11:40 PM
  • Hi Ben,

I logged my Mobile Mesh client today (using Samsung Blackjack) and I was prompted for an update. I went with it and the installation went fine. However, when I tried signing in, I was prompted for this "Unable to validate the user on Live Mesh. Please check your connection settings and Retry, or Cancel to exit".

Was there really an update? AFAIR, there was one last week and I already installed that. Also, is my case related to the current issue right now?

Thanks.
    Tuesday, December 9, 2008 9:13 AM
  • I have exactly the same problem as "joefort". Thanks.
    Tuesday, December 9, 2008 11:49 AM
  • This is still not working for me today. Was getting the "validating user" error yesterday, and today as well. Can you please provide a link, or steps, to the connect site so I can bug this?

Tuesday, December 9, 2008 12:11 PM
  • im getting this too. i also got a "update needed", installed the update and now it wont verify user. ive reinstalled several times to no avail.
    Tuesday, December 9, 2008 12:33 PM
  • Hi everyone,

We had an issue with the install file yesterday that was resolved this morning.  If you are having trouble with Live Mesh for Mobile, please try downloading and installing the Live Mesh software again.  If you're still having problems after downloading and installing the newest file, please let us know.

Thanks,

Ben.

Tuesday, December 9, 2008 5:21 PM
  • Ben [Live Mesh] said:

Hi everyone,

Thanks,

Ben.

Hi Ben,

I tried installing the updates today and I still can't log.

I installed the previous version (0.9.3424.6 - I kept a copy) and it let me went through. Any ideas?
    Wednesday, December 10, 2008 1:22 AM
  • joefort said:

Ben [Live Mesh] said:

Hi everyone,

Thanks,

Ben.

Hi Ben,

I tried installing the updates today and I still can't log.

I installed the previous version (0.9.3424.6 - I kept a copy) and it let me went through. Any ideas?

Same for me, logged in with the previous version.
    Wednesday, December 10, 2008 1:58 AM
  • Uninstalled the build I had, downloaded the latest build from m.mesh.com, installed, and got past the "validating user" error. Thanks.

Thursday, December 11, 2008 5:56 PM
  • I just tried downloading the client again from the web via my omnia, now have other problems. First i cant seem to uninstall the old version, get a message that live mesh was not completeley uninstalled and would i like to remove it from the list of programs. but when I click yes live mesh is still listed, even after a soft reset. Trying to install the latest version fails as well.
    Friday, December 12, 2008 6:13 PM
  • efjay said:

I just tried downloading the client again from the web via my omnia, now have other problems. First i cant seem to uninstall the old version, get a message that live mesh was not completeley uninstalled and would i like to remove it from the list of programs. but when I click yes live mesh is still listed, even after a soft reset. Trying to install the latest version fails as well.

Hi,

Please see my post in this thread.

Thanks,

Ben.
    Friday, December 12, 2008 8:33 PM
  • After taking Tuesdays advice, I am still getting unable to validate user. I have checked and double checked my details, uninstalled Live Mesh for my HD2 and reinstalled it. I have not taken the step to re add the device as I don't want to go through the pain of moving the links away from 'Live Mesh\Folders' to 'My Docs\Folders' where my apps look for their files.

Friday, December 4, 2009 7:58 AM
  • After taking Tuesdays advice, I am still getting unable to validate user. I have checked and double checked my details, uninstalled Live Mesh for my HD2 and reinstalled it. I have not taken the step to re add the device as I don't want to go through the pain of moving the links away from 'Live Mesh\Folders' to 'My Docs\Folders' where my apps look for their files.

The current Live Mesh for mobile client doesn't generally work on the latest generation HTC devices. You'll need to await an update to the client, not likely to be until early in 2010.
    -steve
    ~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Friday, December 4, 2009 1:55 PM