Please Help! RRS feed

• Question

• I set this up exactly as shown : http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee783565(v=ws.10).aspx  It ran fine yesterday, but this morning I get an error which is the following: 

Unhandled Exception:  System.ArgumentNull Exception:  Value cannot be null.

Parameter name  : cluster

at Microsoft.Hpc.Scheduler.Util.CheckArgumentNullOrEmpty(String arg, String argName)

at Microsoft.Hpc.Scheduler.Scheduler.Connect(String cluster)

This is Microsoft code from the web so I'm not sure why it wouldn't run???  

Thanks for your assistance!

Friday, April 27, 2012 7:36 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Which version of HPC are you running? If you run a later version, you may want to replace CCP_CLUSTER_NAME with CCP_SCHEDULER.

Also please note that CCP_JOBID is only visible to the job process at runtime, you have to run the exe you built as a job in HPC in order to see it.

Does it solve your problem?

Michael

Monday, April 30, 2012 4:52 PM

All replies

• Here is an update....

When I remove these 2 lines of code and replace them with hard coded variables shown below it runs.  Therefore, it must be due to one of these lines, but why???

//String clusterName = System.Environment.GetEnvironmentVariable("CCP_CLUSTER_NAME");
     //int jobId = System.Convert.ToInt32(System.Environment.GetEnvironmentVariable("CCP_JOBID"));
                String clusterName = "xx12345001";
                int jobId = 7;

Friday, April 27, 2012 8:35 PM
  • Hi,

Which version of HPC are you running? If you run a later version, you may want to replace CCP_CLUSTER_NAME with CCP_SCHEDULER.

Also please note that CCP_JOBID is only visible to the job process at runtime, you have to run the exe you built as a job in HPC in order to see it.

Does it solve your problem?

Michael

Monday, April 30, 2012 4:52 PM
  • Yes, this was the issue.  I am back up and running.  Thank you for your reply!
    Tuesday, May 1, 2012 2:03 PM