Live Onecare Circle and 2nd(D:)hard drive installed--Bootable/Onecare installed. RRS feed

• Question

• When I set up the Onecare Circle, the program found my secondary hard drive(DSmileand assigned it as a DEFAULT computer. This created a conflict where I couldn't turn the firewall on and the fix Firewall wouldn't work. I was in RED status until I removed the DEFAULT computer from the circle--then it went GREEN. Am I going to have to live with this or is there a fix?

Thanks,

Al Cleary

acleary@cox.net

Friday, February 29, 2008 2:40 PM

Answers

• The hard drive that I usually boot from is C: like most people. I have a second(ary) hard drive D: that has the same OS (XP) installed and bootable. I do this in case my C: drive fails and I can't recover it. Doing this is sure to cut down on downtime. When I got the error that showed the computers in my circle, the error said that the firewall couldn't be turned on. I ran the fix error procedure but it didn't work. On the error screen, one of the computers was designated as the Default computer but was in fact the second(DSmilehard drive. There was an option on the screen to remove this computer and I did so. That is when the status returned to green from red. I hope that this is a better explanation.--Al Cleary

Saturday, March 1, 2008 1:32 PM

All replies

• What do you mean by secondary hard drive? Where do you see "Default computer?"

-steve

Saturday, March 1, 2008 12:38 AM
  • The hard drive that I usually boot from is C: like most people. I have a second(ary) hard drive D: that has the same OS (XP) installed and bootable. I do this in case my C: drive fails and I can't recover it. Doing this is sure to cut down on downtime. When I got the error that showed the computers in my circle, the error said that the firewall couldn't be turned on. I ran the fix error procedure but it didn't work. On the error screen, one of the computers was designated as the Default computer but was in fact the second(DSmilehard drive. There was an option on the screen to remove this computer and I did so. That is when the status returned to green from red. I hope that this is a better explanation.--Al Cleary

Saturday, March 1, 2008 1:32 PM
  • Thanks, Al. I think I understand the situation a bit better, but I've never seen the error dialog you referred to. As long as everything is okay now, I expect that you'll be fine. If the problem returns, please contact support as a dual-boot scenario should not cause your status to go red.

-steve

Friday, March 7, 2008 10:02 PM