Using "Self-Assign Team Tasks" generates "An unexpected error" RRS feed

• Question

• I have created at team resource and assigned people to the team.  I can see the "Team Name" and "Team Assignment Pool" properly set on the Resource sheet.  However, when anyone in the selects the "Self-assign Team Task" on their Task Sheet, they receive an error "An unexpected error has occured.".  We have SP2 and the December CU installed.
    Monday, June 28, 2010 6:59 PM

Answers

• Hi tjdeegan,

good news with that issue (I have not tested so far, but I want to share immediately):
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/983312/en-us contains:

'After you install the hotfix package that is described in Microsoft Knowledge Base article 977028, you receive the following error message when you click Self-assign Team Tasks:
    An unexpected error has occurred.'

This should solve our issue!

Regards
    Barbara

Thursday, July 1, 2010 5:49 AM

All replies

• Hi tjdeegan,

a few weeks ago I had a look at team assignments (I wanted to compare functionality of 2007 and 2010 in detail.) I found the same as you did:

• It worked on a VM with SP2 applied.
    • I got “Unexpected error” with CU Aug 2009 and CU Dec 2009.
    • I received “StatusingDataAccess.CacheProjectBaseCalendars could not find project calendar for project” with CU April 2010.
    • Now I am waiting for CU June 2010 to have a look at ...

So sorry, no solution, but at least a confirmation!

Regards
    Barbara

Tuesday, June 29, 2010 4:01 AM
  • Hi tjdeegan,

good news with that issue (I have not tested so far, but I want to share immediately):
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/983312/en-us contains:

'After you install the hotfix package that is described in Microsoft Knowledge Base article 977028, you receive the following error message when you click Self-assign Team Tasks:
    An unexpected error has occurred.'

This should solve our issue!

Regards
    Barbara

Thursday, July 1, 2010 5:49 AM
  • Hi Tjdeegan,

less good news today after testing CU June:
    'Unexpected Error' is gone, but no team tasks are listed in that view. I am not sure, perhaps there had also been some changes on required permissions? I have also tried to add team members to project team (since that is now required in PS2010), same result.

If anyone has success on that, I will be happy to hear about!

Regards
    Barbara

Wednesday, July 7, 2010 1:19 PM