none
flash player problem - currently no flash player add-on in IE10 at all on Windows 8 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi folks,

I have an annoying problem of flash player. Long story short is that I don't have flash player add-on at all in my IE10 right now. I also didn't find out a way to manually add to an "add-on". Whenever I visit the web page containing Rich Media Content, it pops out something like "you should install flash player". Whenever I'm trying to install a flash player, it always prompt that IE10 has a build-in flash player and I don't have to install it at all. If there is latest version, I will be notified by Windows Update. 

Yes, I understand that Flash player is built in IE10.  But what if I have uninstalled  the Flash player by executing FlashUtil_ActiveX in c:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash folder? Here comes the full story. Everything works fine at very beginning util the flash player is updated to version 11.3.378.5. After the update, I found that I can't watch video on Youtube and Dailymotion in IE10. I'm quite suspicious that it is an incompatibility problem of latest-version flash player with Youtube and Dailymotion. I went to c:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash, and executed FlashUtil_ActiveX. It uninstalled flash player eventually and then tried to install an older-version flash player. But as a result, Windows 8 does not permit me to install any flash player because "it is not necessary" :-( When I open "Manage add-ons", it does not have a "Microsoft Windows 3rd party component" add-on, flash player, at all. It used to be there but now it's gone.The worst part is I have no idea how to ADD such an add-on manually.

I have executed the  FlashUtil_ActiveX again, I used to expect it to prompt to an installation of Flash player. However, it prompted  an uninstallation instead though there is nothing to uninstall at all.

Please help me out, guys!

thanks in advance. T.T

• Moved by Jesse Jiang Monday, January 28, 2013 9:19 AM
    Saturday, January 26, 2013 12:25 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Thanks for your participation. Internet Explorer Extension Development forum is for issues about building Activities, WebSlices and add-ons for Internet Explorer. For any question about using IE, please go to answers.microsoft.com to ask for help.

This thread will be moved to Off-topic. Your understanding will be appreciated.

Regards,

Damon Zheng
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, January 28, 2013 9:19 AM