none
Problem relpying to forum when using IE 8.0 Beta 1 RRS feed

• General discussion

• I could not reply to a forum entry with IE 8 - the previously posted messages appeared and one could read everything, but the reply box was blanked out (like when you did not sign in). I had to download firefox to make this entry (note i was signed into the forum when i did this).

Roger
    Tuesday, March 11, 2008 11:10 PM

All replies

• Id like to start a new thread but the submit, cancel and other icons do not appear on the bottom of the browser window. Only if I reply, as in this case do I have the option to Submit.

This reply of course has nothing to do with the original post (apologies) but I needed to report the bug I am having.

Safari 3, Mac OSX 10.5.2

David Rogers
    Wednesday, March 12, 2008 6:50 AM
  • rlc-az said:

I could not reply to a forum entry with IE 8 - the previously posted messages appeared and one could read everything, but the reply box was blanked out (like when you did not sign in). I had to download firefox to make this entry (note i was signed into the forum when i did this).

Roger

Roger, thanks for the report. We are working with the IE8 team to determine if this is an issue with our html/css or the rendering engine.

D.A.R said:

Id like to start a new thread but the submit, cancel and other icons do not appear on the bottom of the browser window. Only if I reply, as in this case do I have the option to Submit.

This reply of course has nothing to do with the original post (apologies) but I needed to report the bug I am having.

Safari 3, Mac OSX 10.5.2

David Rogers

Thanks David, I have logged a bug for this issue. In our next version which should be out in a few weeks, the editor and the submit/cancel buttons are much different from this version so it may resolve itself. And I'll try to get a good pass on Safari/Mac to verify.

Rob J, Forums Dev
    Thursday, March 13, 2008 5:48 PM
  • I am glad you brought this up and we did get a good answer. I used the "Emulate IE7" button on the IE8 toolbar. I know it is a pain to restart IE to have the change take place but works for now.
    Peace,
    Peter Koszyczarek
    Live Beta Butterfly
    Monday, May 5, 2008 1:41 AM