Networking and sharing centre problem with OC RRS feed

• Question

•  

When i installed the beta 2 version of one care on vista ulitimate it doubled up on mycomputer icon for example you got peter pc then it would do another one  peter pc-oc ---- why is this  and can you stop it from doing it as when i go into my pc sharing on another computer i see it there to thanks.

Sunday, September 23, 2007 12:59 PM

Answers

• The OC entry is for Printer Sharing in OneCare 2.0 on Vista.

-steve

Sunday, September 23, 2007 3:45 PM

All replies

• The OC entry is for Printer Sharing in OneCare 2.0 on Vista.

-steve

Sunday, September 23, 2007 3:45 PM
  • I also have this problem but my list of available computers used to read : SAGER_LAPTOP

New-Guy

Now it reads:  SAGER_LAPTOP

New-Guy

New-Guy

New-Guy-oc

Your previous response indicates OC may add the new listing with oc tacked on the end for printer sharing, but why the two identical choices?  I also disabled the OC printer sharing feature, since my network was already setup to do so, and the redundant entries remain. 

How can I eliminate the redundant network locations?

Sunday, September 23, 2007 5:43 PM
  • So in other words if you have the beta 2 version you are going to have this problem with the 2 computer icons the same except one will have OC on the end is that correct and like the other bloke said if so is there still a way to get rid of it thanks.

Sunday, September 23, 2007 11:40 PM