none
Prepare for 70-461 (Querying Microsoft SQL server 2012) by doing 70-433 practice test? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm aware of that preparation materials for 70-461 are not out yet. However, if I do practice test available for 70-433 (Microsoft SQL server 2008 development), would that be relevant? From those of you who have already taken 70-461 beta exam, is this "simpler" than the 70-433?

Thanks for all input.

regards .r

Tuesday, July 3, 2012 1:09 PM

Answers

• The 70-433 practice test will help a little however the Skills Measured for 70-461 are different than those for 70-433 therefore it is probably not a good way to study for the 70-461 exam.  You should use the skills measured to research content using Books Online for SQL Server 2012.

Whether the 70-461 exam is easier/harder than the 70-433 exam depends on the person taking the exam i.e. the skill level of the person taking the exam will determine whether it’s easier or harder.

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCSD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Twitter: @Mr_Wharty
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

• Proposed as answer by Arjen Krap Thursday, July 5, 2012 8:52 AM
    • Marked as answer by Horizon_NetEditor Wednesday, July 11, 2012 10:55 PM
    Tuesday, July 3, 2012 10:32 PM

All replies

• The 70-433 practice test will help a little however the Skills Measured for 70-461 are different than those for 70-433 therefore it is probably not a good way to study for the 70-461 exam.  You should use the skills measured to research content using Books Online for SQL Server 2012.

Whether the 70-461 exam is easier/harder than the 70-433 exam depends on the person taking the exam i.e. the skill level of the person taking the exam will determine whether it’s easier or harder.

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton

• Proposed as answer by Arjen Krap Thursday, July 5, 2012 8:52 AM
    • Marked as answer by Horizon_NetEditor Wednesday, July 11, 2012 10:55 PM
    Tuesday, July 3, 2012 10:32 PM
  • Thank you for the input.

Yes, I did take a look at the skills measured site for both, but it kind of looked like the topics in 70-461 was kind of subset of what was mentioned in 70-461. But from what I understand from your comment is that this is not necessary true. 

regards .r

Wednesday, July 4, 2012 6:04 AM
  • I agree with Jeff. There are many approaches to prepare for an exam. One way is to practice taking tests. This can help, for instance by training yourself to analyze the question and to deduct the right answer. This is a very general skill which most people are not aware of and not everyone is good at.  But You can practice it. Also questions about subjects you haven't mastered yet can remind you can to take a closer look at these.

In my experience questions from practice tests differ a lot from questions from real exams. I also notice this from real exams between versions. Expect a lot of questions also to be applicable to previous versions, even in upgrade exams. Also, don't be surprised to learn something new from an exam.

Thursday, July 5, 2012 9:20 AM
  • Does anyone have the list of Skills Measured for this exam with percentages?

When I go to Microsft site the section appears blank?

Thanks,

Rich

Tuesday, July 17, 2012 2:17 PM
  • As per this thread http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/CertGeneral/thread/cf31356f-0260-46f6-b676-374bdbc396b8 Microsoft have been made aware of this problem and are currently addressing the issue.

Jeff Wharton

Tuesday, July 17, 2012 10:57 PM
  • As per this thread http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/CertGeneral/thread/cf31356f-0260-46f6-b676-374bdbc396b8 Microsoft have been made aware of this problem and are currently addressing the issue.

Jeff Wharton

Thanks for your help Jeff
    Wednesday, July 18, 2012 11:49 AM