none
How to subscribe to soft keyboard showing/hiding from Ionic Cordova UWP application RRS feed

• Question

• I have an Ionic / Cordova application where I build for UWP.

On a surface tablet, running Windows 10, I need to access an event when the soft keyboard is shown/hidden so I can adjust the apps input to come into view.

So, when I focus into an input the keyboard correctly show, but is always covers the input, hence why I need to hook into these events.

I Have a related question here, but I now see this as more UWP specific?

As I mention in the other post, we have access to  `Windows.UI.Core`. Is there something in here (or any other way) I can hook into these events?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Wednesday, November 27, 2019 2:22 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Since you are using the Ionic/Cordova which is third party in your app, this question is out of the scope of UWP forum. You could ask about this in Ionic/Cordova's official forum about this.

Best regards,

Roy

"Developing Universal Windows apps" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    We invite you to post new questions in the "Developing Universal Windows apps" forum’s new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Wednesday, November 27, 2019 4:24 AM
  • Hi Roy, yes I have also asked in more of a Cordova context, but thought I would also ask here as I thought people doing UWP may be more familiar with perhaps the Windows.UI.Core API, and it what I am after can be done from here, I can then call it from the Ionic code (as I have access to this)
    Wednesday, November 27, 2019 8:50 AM