none
Thread marked as Spam! Spam! Spaaaam! RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.

My most recent thread was marked as spam when I posted it, saw an error, edited it before anyone say it, and tried to save it. How do I rectify this? Our account was already verified before. 

Thanks,

Pete

Tuesday, July 10, 2018 8:15 PM

Answers

All replies

• don't post spam; yo.
    Tuesday, July 10, 2018 8:16 PM
  • Hey there, Pete

This happens because Microsoft, on most of their communities, use a system which I can't go in depth with as this is not public. The chances are if your thread looks SPAMMY with links pointing all over the place, and/or the system has picked it up for some reason (if someone has reported it or if the system has picked it up), then it will be investigated by the Moderators/Administrators on this forum. 

If you believe your thread was not going against the Code of Conduct or Terms of Use, then please let the Moderators verify this and release your thread if there is indeed no violations. If there is, however, and it is not released within the next 24 hours, then you can always try and chat to a Moderator directly. Most of them may have contact information on their profiles, or use the report Abuse option under your profile to grab one of them to come to you. 

Hope this helps, 
    Regards, 

Tuesday, July 10, 2018 8:21 PM
  • Lately this happens when really you just need to have your account verified. You need to post a request in the current verification thread here:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/090972cb-b81f-498f-b718-948caca975c4/verify-account-41?forum=reportabug

The current verification thread periodically changes, but is always a sticky thread at the top of this forum:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=reportabug

Edit: I checked your post (saved 15 minutes ago) and it is not marked as spam. The message you got is misleading. But you still need to request verification in the thread I linked.

Edit: I also see you requested account verification on May 15. The forum Administrator said he verified all current requests the next day. But if your post had really been flagged as spam, we would see it, so something went wrong. I would email fissues [at] microsoft [dot] com, and ask them to investigate. Include a link to the post that generated the spam message, which should be:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/Office2016forMac/thread/f09cbc5a-1502-4b4f-9d36-5f48c7cf6d4e/#f09cbc5a-1502-4b4f-9d36-5f48c7cf6d4e

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Tuesday, July 10, 2018 8:27 PM
  • Not sure what it creepier: the fact that my internet handle also is "Grim" on many, many sites, or that I would respond with "don't post spam, yo!" upon fixing the OG thread that wasn't spam, up to and including the "yo".

95% sure I'm talking to myself from some string-theory parallel universe. Niiiice.

Anyway, thanks for fixing the thread.

Tuesday, July 10, 2018 8:36 PM
  • I didn't fix the thread. You most likely got a deceptive message. And I suspect your account never really got verified. I would email fissues [at] microsoft [dot] com, and ask them to investigate. Include a link to the post that generated the spam message.

Tuesday, July 10, 2018 8:44 PM
  • Hi Richard, Hi Nathan,

Thank you for your help. Pete works for me. Somehow he has become to go to address on my account while my account stillpoints to my correct address . I asked him to look into this on my account so all is ok. Richard, I have asked for verification as you suggested. Thank you. 

However I do not see any way of changing the email address on the forum to same address (i.e. mine) that is on the account.

How can I do this?

Thank you in advance for your help. 

Paul Leon Vakerling

Tuesday, July 10, 2018 9:03 PM
  • If you mean the email address for alerts, then on most forum pages click the menu in the upper left labeled "Quick access" and select "My settings". There you can specify an email address. Does that help?

Tuesday, July 10, 2018 11:41 PM
  • This happens because Microsoft, on most of their communities, use a system which I can't go in depth with as this is not public. The chances are if your thread looks SPAMMY with links pointing all over the place, and/or the system has picked it up for some reason

Well then it's only to the better that Microsoft refused to work on AI system for the military. Here they don't, er, shoot people...

-- pa

Wednesday, July 11, 2018 12:21 AM