"No Organization has been specified" after Visual Studio CRM 2011 Solution moved

Question

• Hi,

I just moved a folder with Visual Studio CRM 2011 Solution from one DEV Computer to other. Since that I can't open and deploy this solution anymore, I get error "CRM Explorer. No Organization has been specified" when I open my Solution, and "Error    1    Error connecting to CRM Server. Object reference not set to an instance of an object.  C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\CRM\Microsoft.CrmDeveloperTools.CrmClient.targets    176    4    CrmPackage" when I try do deploy.

On new Computer I have connection to our CRM Server, and I can create new Visual Studio CRM projects without any errors. I tried to search in *.sln and *.crmregister file for appropiate setting, but nothing found.

Seems that Visual Studio stores some information about CRM Serverconnection somewhere in registry or AppData folder, but I couldn't find anything.

Monday, June 25, 2012 8:53 AM

Answers

• I figured it out: informations about CRM Server are stored in *.suo file. I just deleted this file, opened my solution in VS and entered all informations for CRM Server connection. The suo file was regenerated automatically and I can work now with my CRM solution
    • Marked as answer by toLL_net Monday, June 25, 2012 12:23 PM
    Monday, June 25, 2012 12:03 PM