CRM 2015 - Convert Lead to Opporunity MAJOR BUG RRS feed

• Question

• I have the sample data downloaded, and am just trying to feel my way around this product. I ran into a major issue just a bit ago.

Background - I have sample data downloaded, afterwards, in my new solution, added one new field onto the Lead main form (a yes/no field), and then modified the Processes "Lead to Opportunity Sales Process".  I removed most of the Stages, and had a branch set up to go from the first stage to a second stage.  I made my new field required.  Published solution, etc.

I created a new lead, completing the field(s) to get to my new stage 2, and then "Qualified" the lead.  Worked fine.

I took one of the existing "Sample" leads provided by the sample database, did NOT complete the required field, and simply jumped to "Qualify" the lead.  Big error that ONLY gave me the option to get the error info in text form (unfortunately, didn't capture XML text to provide).

On a hunch, I completed the new required field (made it "no"), "Qualified" the lead, and it went through fine.

So - is there some issue with the existing data, then adding a new field to the form (and, I presume, the database), and then attempting to "Qualify" - having no real data in the field?  Or some other issue I'm not aware of?

• Edited by tundrwd Tuesday, March 31, 2015 3:52 PM
    Tuesday, March 31, 2015 3:50 PM