locked
HP Media Server--Upgrade your evaluation Copy RRS feed

  • Question

  • I just bought the HP MediaSmart Server two days ago and now I am getting the message that I have zero days left on the evaluation copy of Windows Home Server and that I need to upgrade if I want to continue using it. Does anyone know anything about this? NO ONE mentioned anything about having to pay extra after buying this server. Thank you.
    Sunday, November 25, 2007 12:15 AM

Answers

  • Hi all,

     

    OK, I checked in with the WHS Team on this problem, and they tell me that HP are aware of the issue.

     

    (I'm hoping that means that they'll fix it!) 

     

    Terry
    Tuesday, November 27, 2007 5:23 PM
    Moderator

All replies

  • Call HP, I'm sure it's not supposed to be a trial version.  A full copy of WHS is part of the price. 

     

    Sunday, November 25, 2007 12:29 AM
  •  Boaster01 wrote:
    I just bought the HP MediaSmart Server two days ago and now I am getting the message that I have zero days left on the evaluation copy of Windows Home Server and that I need to upgrade if I want to continue using it. Does anyone know anything about this? NO ONE mentioned anything about having to pay extra after buying this server. Thank you.

     

    I have the OEM software only, but occasionally I get the same message (usually happens when I transfer a lot of stuff to it), then it goes away after a few minutes (I haven't activated mine yet).  However, I don't know if the HP model ships pre-activated.  On the Resources tab, does yours have a Activate Windows button?

    Sunday, November 25, 2007 12:29 AM
    Moderator
  • Thanks for the fast replies. The resources tab has an actual product I.D. and no "Activate" button. I think it may be from copying a lot of things to it since I just copied about 400 gigs between yesterday and today, so hopefully it is a false alarm but I know that copy protection is becoming ever more intrusive and error prone so want to be sure I'm not suddenly going to be locked out of my own machine. Thanks again.
    Sunday, November 25, 2007 12:33 AM
  • I would have been on the phone to HP before I looked here.  You have too much money invested to put up with even a false alarm.  I guess I've never copied enough at once to my OEM server to produce this symptom, but I'd be more than a little disconcerted to see it.

    Sunday, November 25, 2007 12:36 AM
  • i too have MediaSmart and just now it gave me the 0 days left in evaluation error message. it is all activated and everything, with absolutly no expiration date anywhere around the system.

     

    I'm sure this has everything to do with microsoft and the actual OS as the same exact thing happened in beta versions.

    This definately should have been something fixed in RTM...

     

    jpearl

     

    Sunday, November 25, 2007 3:55 AM
  •  

    Hi All,

     

    In the best efforts to try and track this problem down, could you please post the events that lead up to this error?  And... if you know the exact repro steps, that would be even better!

     

    Monday, November 26, 2007 4:58 PM
    Moderator
  • I have 3 HP systems.  2 of the 3 have had the same message but then it appears to have resolved itself on both.

    Monday, November 26, 2007 5:09 PM
  •  Joel Burt wrote:
    Hi All,

     

    In the best efforts to try and track this problem down, could you please post the events that lead up to this error?  And... if you know the exact repro steps, that would be even better!

     

    For me, I was copying LOTS of data (several ISOs) to the server.  It popped up on me, then was gone a few minutes later.  I tried the same thing again (to see if it would happen again), but it didn't....

    Tuesday, November 27, 2007 5:34 AM
    Moderator
  • Hi all,

     

    OK, I checked in with the WHS Team on this problem, and they tell me that HP are aware of the issue.

     

    (I'm hoping that means that they'll fix it!) 

     

    Terry
    Tuesday, November 27, 2007 5:23 PM
    Moderator
  •  Terry Walsh wrote:

    Hi all,

     

    OK, I checked in with the WHS Team on this problem, and they tell me that HP are aware of the issue.

     

    (I'm hoping that means that they'll fix it!) 

     

    Terry

     

    Hmmm, doesn't sound like an HP issue to me, sounds like a WHS issue...

    Tuesday, November 27, 2007 6:23 PM
    Moderator
  • Not to take sides, but I haven't seen this issue using OEM Windows Home Server on off-the-shelf hardware.  I've certainly moved many DVD ISO's off an onto the server over time.  It is long since activated, though--I don't think I tested before activating it.

     

    Tuesday, November 27, 2007 6:52 PM
  • No idea - but both HP and MS are now aware of the issue!

    Tuesday, November 27, 2007 6:55 PM
    Moderator
  • It might be something particular with the OEM process which doesn't require activation. Good to hear both R&D teams are engaged to fix it!

    Wednesday, November 28, 2007 12:00 AM
    Moderator
  • Does anybody have a screenshot of this error? If so, I might be able to put together a quick add-in that squelches the message...

    Wednesday, November 28, 2007 7:22 PM
    Moderator
  • i dont think that suppressing an error, however useless it may be, is warrantable, or even desired...that just seems like a part of the core OS that shouldnt really be messed with; again, regardless of the foolishness or stupidity of the error

     

    Wednesday, November 28, 2007 9:22 PM
  •  jpearl wrote:
    i dont think that suppressing an error, however useless it may be, is warrantable, or even desired...that just seems like a part of the core OS that shouldnt really be messed with; again, regardless of the foolishness or stupidity of the error

     

     

    Agreed it's not the longterm solution, but perhaps some people would prefer/desire to not be bothered by an erroneous message.  MS has built-in notification suppression, so I don't think it's that far-fetched to automate for a specific case.

    Wednesday, November 28, 2007 10:23 PM
    Moderator
  •  yakuza wrote:
     jpearl wrote:
    i dont think that suppressing an error, however useless it may be, is warrantable, or even desired...that just seems like a part of the core OS that shouldnt really be messed with; again, regardless of the foolishness or stupidity of the error

     

     

    Agreed it's not the longterm solution, but perhaps some people would prefer/desire to not be bothered by an erroneous message.  MS has built-in notification suppression, so I don't think it's that far-fetched to automate for a specific case.

    This is not the kind of stop gap solution any right minded person should even think about applying.  It just makes no sense.

    Thursday, November 29, 2007 1:46 AM
  • Everybody has different opinions. I guarantee you if I made such an add-in, somebody out there would be thanking me. Smile

    Thursday, November 29, 2007 4:35 AM
    Moderator
  • My sarcasm is fully intended.  Why not make an add in that makes sure the network can't be anything but green.  That way no one has to worry about those annoying error messages.

     

    Clearly there are problems that need some work.  Masking them so people aren't reminded of them does all of us here a disservice.

    Thursday, November 29, 2007 5:22 AM
  •  

    I got the same error too. It happened after it was only on for an hour, and it only stuck around for about 5 minutes. Now its gone.
    Thursday, November 29, 2007 6:08 AM
  • You don't need an add-on for this--it is an option setting on the connector.  And I use it on my wifes machine.  She's not the network admin, I am--so I see the alerts and she does not.

     

    Masking an alert which is of no significance to the user is a useful thing to do.  I'm not dead certain that is the case with the one in this thread, but if it is, why should anyone be bothered with it, except the folks at HP who need to fix it?

     

    Friday, November 30, 2007 11:28 PM
  • I just got notified that "0 days remain before your evaluation copy of Windows Home Server expires." The funny thing is that I just activated it yesterday! So instead of 120 days, looks like I was only going to get less than 2! While I was researching this issue, I came upon this thread and read that it eventually goes away. I looked over and my status is now back to healthy. It doesn't appear that this problem is limited to HP. I built my own machine and installed the free trial version.
    Monday, March 24, 2008 5:10 AM