Can I configure WHS to backup Workstations to Drive E: rather than D: ? RRS feed

• Question

• Thank you for reading my post.  I did a search on the word backup and skimmed 50+ articles before posting this one.  

I have a 160 gig Boot Drive which is C: and D:  I have a DroboPro with 10TB of Storage which appears as Drive E:  Is there a way to tell WHS to backup the computers on my network to Drive E: rather than the default location on Drive D:? 

If no then I may have to rebuild my Server on a larger bood drive to be able to store the backups

Thanks

Max

WHS_retail version
    Thursday, February 3, 2011 5:21 PM

All replies

• If the DroboPro volume has been added to the storage pool WHS will automatically use it for storage of client backup (once D drive starts running out of space). Please beware that the client backups may get spread over multiple physical disks, so failure of a single disk will mean loss of all backups. If you really need to keep your backups you can use the WHS BDBB Add-in to copy the backups to another disk. When your server has only a single disk and the DroboPro has been added to the storage pool you can enable duplication (option in the WHS BDBB Add-in) for the backup database to ensure you always have a full copy of the backup database on the DroboPro

There is no way you can force WHS to store backups on a disk that has not been added to the storage pool.

Henk Panneman - http://www.homeserverweb.nl
    Friday, February 4, 2011 2:20 PM