Change in project server 2007 the owner of a plan RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I need to change the owner name of a project plan, I know it is in the PWA, how do I do it?

Elaine

Monday, June 27, 2011 4:52 AM

Answers

• From the PWA Home Page, click "Project Center". Highlight the project whose owner you want to change and click "Edit Project Properties" in the Project Center toolbar.

Change the owner, and click "Save and Publish".

If not now, when?
    Monday, June 27, 2011 5:32 AM

All replies

• From the PWA Home Page, click "Project Center". Highlight the project whose owner you want to change and click "Edit Project Properties" in the Project Center toolbar.

Change the owner, and click "Save and Publish".

If not now, when?
    Monday, June 27, 2011 5:32 AM
  • Hi

I can't edit the owner field it doesnt open a list, it seems locked. I'm an administrator and I should be able to change.

Can you advise what could be the problem?

Elaine

Wednesday, June 29, 2011 1:49 PM
  • Check if the project checked-out by another user?

Also, one more thing, in addition to changing the owner, you also need to change the 'Status Manager' in the project plan and publish, if you want the new owner to receive all task updates.

Prasanna Adavi, PMP, MCTS http://thinkepm.blogspot.com
    Wednesday, June 29, 2011 2:44 PM
  • Hi

The project plan is checked in. could it be a bug?

Thursday, June 30, 2011 9:41 AM
  • Do you see a search box? You will have to search. If there are more than certain number of people with PM access then drop-down changes to search.
    Thanks Gaurav Wason MCITP, PMP
    Thursday, June 30, 2011 11:46 AM
  • Hi

The search doesn't let me look for other users. A few months ago I was able to change the owner, some went wrong.

Monday, July 4, 2011 4:19 AM
  • Hi Elaine,

Any luck with this?  I'm also seeing an issue where the only person available is the person who created the schedule so I cannot change the Owner to reflect the new schedule Owner.  Any help would be appreciated!

Monday, August 15, 2011 10:28 PM
  • What is schedule owner?I'm using the search, the IT solved the problem I had with the search.

Thanks

Elaine

Tuesday, August 16, 2011 5:07 AM
  • I have the same issue together with the issue that the user list does not show up in User Management. In User Management I am able to search for users by name although the list is not shown, but I do no longer seem to be able to change project owner on any project.
    Tuesday, September 6, 2011 2:39 PM