Need to Recover XP Password RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Folks,

I have a Sony VAIO laptop. I have two operating systems installed there. One is Windows 7 Home Basic and Another one is Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3.

I lost my windows XP password. Couldn't able to log in to it.

I have googled and asked to press CTRL + ALT + DEL twice to go to administrator mode. But that too fails. It also asks for password. Blank password didn't accept there.

Since I have two operating systems, if I use BOOT CD will it affect another operating system (Windows 7 Home Premium)?

Could you please help me to recover the password or to erase the passwords.

Thanks,

Sabarish

-- - Sabarish Sundaram
    Wednesday, February 2, 2011 8:20 AM

Answers

• "Sundaram S" wrote in message news:b95040bc-6551-4ea9-a0ba-879fcbf5e03b...

Hi Folks,

I have a Sony VAIO laptop. I have two operating systems installed there. One is Windows 7 Home Basic and Another one is Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3.

I have googled and asked to press CTRL + ALT + DEL twice to go to administrator mode. But that too fails. It also asks for password. Blank password didn't accept there.

Since I have two operating systems, if I use BOOT CD will it affect another operating system (Windows 7 Home Premium)?

Thanks,

Sabarish

-- - Sabarish Sundaram

This problem is not related to Activation or Validation, and is therefore off-topic for this forum.
    I would suggest that you repost in the Answers XP Repair forum for assistance  in repairing your XP installation - but note that no MS forum will allow posting of instructions on how to bypass or reset passwords, as it's contrary to policy. The solution is only a Google away :)
    Here's the Answers forum link anyhow, so that you can check on repairing in a dual-boot situation....

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Thursday, February 3, 2011 11:57 PM
    Wednesday, February 2, 2011 8:51 AM
  • Wednesday, February 2, 2011 9:01 PM

All replies

• "Sundaram S" wrote in message news:b95040bc-6551-4ea9-a0ba-879fcbf5e03b...

Hi Folks,

Thanks,

Sabarish

-- - Sabarish Sundaram

This problem is not related to Activation or Validation, and is therefore off-topic for this forum.
    I would suggest that you repost in the Answers XP Repair forum for assistance  in repairing your XP installation - but note that no MS forum will allow posting of instructions on how to bypass or reset passwords, as it's contrary to policy. The solution is only a Google away :)
    Here's the Answers forum link anyhow, so that you can check on repairing in a dual-boot situation....

--

• Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Thursday, February 3, 2011 11:57 PM
    Wednesday, February 2, 2011 8:51 AM
  • Dear Noel,

Thanks for your reply. Is there any other way to confirm this before using BOOT CD?

-- - Sabarish Sundaram
    Wednesday, February 2, 2011 10:58 AM
  • "Sundaram S" wrote in message news:40d59f1d-7cd0-48e0-bf39-70e0822406ff...

Dear Noel,

Thanks for your reply. Is there any other way to confirm this before using BOOT CD?

-- - Sabarish Sundaram

The question is - WHICH boot CD?
    you need to specify that when you ask your question in the Answers forum.

--

Wednesday, February 2, 2011 11:41 AM
  • Wednesday, February 2, 2011 9:01 PM