none
Mobile Access to the Technet Forums? Mobile site? Smartphone app?? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm a fairly active user on the Technet forums and quite often I'll access the forums from my smartphone.  Whilst you can access the forums like any other website it's obviously not mobile optimised.

In my opinion the Technet forums are screaming out for either a mobile site or even a fully fledged app.  Mobile optimised forums are becoming more and more popular. Vbulletin for example has a mobile theme.

Are there any plans for a mobile version of the forums?  Or is there an existing version?

Some time back there was a mobile friendly version however it was read only - which is fairly useless.

We need to be able to:-

- View posts

- Start new posts

- Respond to posts

- Rate posts/Mark as answered

MVP wannabe. I don't work for Microsoft - I just use their products.

• Edited by BadBoyHouse Wednesday, January 2, 2013 4:12 PM
    Wednesday, January 2, 2013 4:10 PM

All replies

• I'm a fairly active user on the Technet forums and quite often I'll access the forums from my smartphone.  Whilst you can access the forums like any other website it's obviously not mobile optimised.

In my opinion the Technet forums are screaming out for either a mobile site or even a fully fledged app.  Mobile optimised forums are becoming more and more popular. Vbulletin for example has a mobile theme.

Are there any plans for a mobile version of the forums?  Or is there an existing version?

Some time back there was a mobile friendly version however it was read only - which is fairly useless.

We need to be able to:-

- View posts

- Start new posts

- Respond to posts

- Rate posts/Mark as answered

A few days ago I started posting and answering of Forums by using my iPad (this was not possible when I received it, more than a year ago): this is yet an improvement, in my opinion.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno

Sunday, January 6, 2013 2:12 PM
  • Yes it is possible to access the forums on an ipad or an iphone - but whilst this works *ok* a mobile theme for the forums would be much better imho.

Monday, January 7, 2013 9:34 AM