Installing Outlook Client for CRM RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

When configuring the Outlook Client and connecting to my Organization, I get a message telling me that the user has insufficient rights. If I make the user a System Administrator then the process completes.

Can you tell me what Entity rights a user needs to be able to connect to an Organization and synch CRM with Outlook. I only want to synch contacts, email, service activities at the moment

Friday, October 28, 2011 12:46 PM

Answers

• I solved this problem by giving User Read priviliges to Saved Views. I found that the user was missing prvReadUserQuery

Friday, November 4, 2011 9:09 AM

All replies

• Hi Gerard,

What is the role the corresponding user is holding at the moment ? Check the User Record under the E-Mail Access Configuration for the Incoming E-Mail Type and Outgoing E-Mail type selected to Outlook.

crmdev2011

Friday, October 28, 2011 12:51 PM
  • Hi

Both options configured as Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook

The user has a minimum custom role with restrictive rights to system and custom entities. The role is really probably enough to let them log in to the system.

In my environment users change roles quite frequently and move up and down the organisational ladder. I am using Teams with Roles assigned rather than assigning a lot of roles to users. I felt that this would make administration of users easier in the future.

Friday, October 28, 2011 12:58 PM
  • Can you Let me know the original role from which the custom role has been copied ? And also check for under the security role under the Business Management Tab "Sync to Outlook" and "Go Offline" have been selected just in case.

crmdev2011

Friday, October 28, 2011 1:04 PM
  • I do not know what role this was originally copied from. Our original install was done by someone else and they removed most of the out of the box roles and created roles from scratch.

Snyc to Outlook and Go Offline are both checked

Is there a way to import back in the out of the box roles and if so, where can I get them from to do so?

Friday, October 28, 2011 1:09 PM
  • Can you provide me the exact error message to solve the problem.

Check for the logs as well  for a detailed error message at C:\Users\installinguser\AppData\Local\Microsoft\MSCRM\Logs

crmdev2011

Friday, October 28, 2011 1:11 PM
  • Option 1:

Can you provide the user a default out of the box role for the time being configure outlook ,synchronize for the first time and then later change the role to the custom role.

Option 2:

And also check for under the security role under the Business Management Tab

give  write permission for user settings in that custom role.

crmdev2011

• Edited by crmdev2011 Friday, October 28, 2011 1:20 PM
    Friday, October 28, 2011 1:17 PM

• I have nothing in the log file folder you indicated for the installing user except for the crm50setup.log file

Friday, October 28, 2011 1:24 PM
  •  

That was the log file I was talking about. sorry if i didnot mention.Go through the crm50setup.log file and check for the error at the end .That might help

crmdev2011

Friday, October 28, 2011 1:27 PM
  • I gave the user System Administrator Role as this is one of the few original roles I have left. This worked but when I removed the role, the user could not synch with Outlook and in fact Outlook crashed a few times

I am going to try the Write rights for Users in the role as this is not currently set.

Friday, October 28, 2011 1:27 PM
  • There have been no entries in this log file since the initial system install.

I have given the additional rights as suggested and it had made no difference.

Friday, October 28, 2011 1:32 PM
  • I have again set the user as SysAdmin and completed the configuration. I then removed the rights again. The user cannot synch with outlook and cannot look at their CRM Options in Outlook (Insufficient Permissions error)

Friday, October 28, 2011 1:43 PM
  • I solved this problem by giving User Read priviliges to Saved Views. I found that the user was missing prvReadUserQuery

Friday, November 4, 2011 9:09 AM