CRM 2016: Qualifying a Lead with Existing Account. See the related leads on the Account RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I've got a requirement to see all the related Leads on a specific account.

Lets say, we create a new Lead. On the lead we fill out the "Parent account for lead" field with an existing Account. Then we qualify the lead, and this will automatically create a new opportunity with the existing account related.

BUT I want to go to the Account an on that form see the lead which I related to the existing account. How?

There is 3 relations between Lead and Account, but none of them shows me the data relations I just created.

Can anyone help me here?

Thursday, January 21, 2016 9:35 AM

All replies

• I can see the Account is held in the lookup field called parentaccountid on the Lead form, did an advanced find on the Closed Leads adding all the fields related to Account, Parent Account for Lead(parentaccountid) is holding the Account details.

Hope this helps.

Regards Jeevan Please vote for me if you find the answer is useful.

Thursday, January 21, 2016 2:04 PM
  • Hi Jeevan

Thank you for answering my question. I'm affraid we dont hit the solution completely with your suggestion.The requirement is to get the information into the Account form. I dont understand why it is not possible to have an subgrid on the account form, which shows all the related leads. Perhaps I need to create a shadow relation on the lead from, from where a business rule map the value from the Parent account file over to the shadow field and then make the subgrid on the shadow relation. Its just kind of ugly!

Thursday, January 21, 2016 2:51 PM
  • I think i may be replying bit late, but I just tried what your looking for and it is possible without creating an extra relationship that you have mentioned. On the Account form, insert a sub-grid, select the Records as Only Related Records, Entity as Leads(Customer), Default View as All Leads. This should show all the Leads of the account record on the account screen.

Regards Jeevan Please vote for me if you find the answer is useful.

Wednesday, January 27, 2016 2:45 PM