Rollup field referencing Note (annotation) entity RRS feed

• Question

• I'm attempting to create a rollup field which grabs the date of the most recently modified note for a record. This is part of a larger customization to obtain the last action date for the current record. Sadly, it doesn't appear I can create a rollup field that references related notes. Is there something I'm missing here?

According to this article: https://technet.microsoft.com/library/dn832162.aspx the only entities that shouldn't work are Activity and Activity Party. It seems to be out of date though as you can create a rollup for Activities (activitypointer) now.

For specific reproduction steps, you can try in a 2016 org, creating a rollup field on Opportunity. When you edit the rollup query, the related entity drop down doesn't appear to contain the Note entity.

Oh and before someone asks, we could definitely do this in custom code, but according to the docs, this should be possible with native customizations. Thanks in advance for the help!

Friday, December 18, 2015 3:02 AM

Answers

• I don't think you are missing anything. I think it doesn't support notes. In my out of the box CRM 2016 org, I see 36 1:n relationships where opportunity is the parent entity but only 17 related entities are available in the rollup definition. So I guess it works for all custom entities but only some system entities.

Tuesday, December 22, 2015 1:22 PM