OneCare is the worst software i ever have! RRS feed

• Question

• it has problems from the first day. now it can not turn on the spyware and antivirus protection. i tried many ways. then i go online for professional help. it asks me input product number. i follow the directions and input the number. the number is rejected! WHAT A JOKE!

keep away from this software.

Monday, November 19, 2007 4:59 AM

Answers

All replies

• I'm sorry to hear you are having difficulty contacting support. Most likely One Care did not install correctly. Try uninstalling One Care, use the cleanup tool - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=828910&SiteID=2 then reinstall One Care. If One Care does not operate properly please contact support using this link - http://help.live.com/help.aspx?project=onecarev2

Monday, November 19, 2007 4:09 PM
  • i have loaded and reloaded onecare' i'am sick of this software.

you'd think for 59.95$$ a year microsoft can do better.

i did trust microsoft with all my system; but not anymore, stay away from onecare live.

the support is one big joke ha ha, my antivirus stay in the red and can't update

Tuesday, November 20, 2007 8:44 PM
  • OK, now the problem is solved, after 10 hours. my company pays me $30 per hour, you can figure it out how expensive this software is.

by using Microsoft Easy Assist, microsoft technician can not uninstall it, after 3 hours. however, the guy gave a hint: clean boot.   

i clean boot my computer, use the specific software downloaded from Microsoft website clean the Onecare residue. then restart the computer, can not install onecare. the computer is still extremely slow and seems to crash....... almost give up and want to format C: then, give it a last shoot:

clean boot and uninstall onecare again;

restart and clean boot and UNINSTALL onecare AGAIN! (why is the onecare so tough and need two times uninstall?)

restart and clean boot and install Onecare (it only can be installed at clean boot condition)

restart and change back to normal boot, it works.

(many steps are skipped. only show the key steps.)

Wednesday, November 21, 2007 4:04 AM
  • I'm sorry to hear you had so much difficulty installing One Care but I'm glad you were able to sort it out and install successfully.

Wednesday, November 21, 2007 4:34 AM
  • I agree. This software sucks.  First of all, you don't know what kind of anti-virus protection it is.  When it defrags the hard drive, what are the results?  How deep does it scan?  I have had to defrag everytime after with my Windows defrag.  Everything is hidden and kept secret, like we are idiots.  The price to renew?  $22.00 per month? That is outrageous!  Maybe $50.00 per year would be acceptable but still I am going back to AVG and Spybot and Adaware.  They all seem to find things that OneCare misses.

Thursday, November 22, 2007 4:08 PM
  • Defrag will run during a tune-up and defrags the disk in one pass unless it is highly fragmented, in which case it will continue to defrag each time you run tune-up. There is no need to run a manual defrag as you will *never* be able to fully defrag the system unless you stop using the computer. The nature of the file system is that fragmentation will occur.

It scans all files for viruses and malware during a full scan. It performs a deep scan.

Nothing is hidden. You can view reports on all actions taken by OneCare. There is a monthly report, reports after a scan, and reports after a tune-up. You can also go to the logging tab under change settings and create a very detailed report.

Renewal is the same price as the original subscription - US 49.95 per year. I have no idea where you are getting $22/month.

Spybot and AdAware will report on tracking cookies and benign registry entries, but feel free to use whatever security package you desire. Thanks for trying OneCare.

-steve

Saturday, November 24, 2007 2:16 AM