How to re-register/activate XP pro? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

XP pro working well on my macbook (on a hdd partition).

I want to replace my hdd with a 500GB hdd.

After re-installing the mac OS, I will partition hdd and re-install XP pro.

But how can I re-register/activate it?
    Is there a way I can inform Microsoft that this is a genuine case of same OS on same machine, ie not fraud etc?

Thanks in advance. Sh
    Saturday, June 27, 2009 12:27 AM

Answers

• After reinstalling Windows XP, you would need to try activating via the internet.  If unsuccessful, then choose the alternative "activate by phone" method.
    See: How to activate Windows XP
    Carey Frisch
    Saturday, June 27, 2009 3:45 PM

All replies

• After reinstalling Windows XP, you would need to try activating via the internet.  If unsuccessful, then choose the alternative "activate by phone" method.
    See: How to activate Windows XP
    Carey Frisch
    Saturday, June 27, 2009 3:45 PM
  • Hello Carey,

Many thanks for your reply.

I will be registering/activating by phone. I did this when I first registered this current install (XP pro - 4 months ago) on the current hdd. (I only use Windows to run an edit suite which I can't run on Macs, so I keep it offline to avoid issues with AVs etc. Therefore 'phone is my only option)

I followed the link in your reply (thanks) which states I can perform unlimited installs on the same computer. Am assuming that some of the information (numbers and letters sequences), requested in the 'phone activation service, is relevant to my computer and will be recognised, therefore activation will be permitted?

Am still sourcing new hdd but hope to have one soon.
    Will report back with results.

Thanks again.
    Regards, Sh
    Saturday, June 27, 2009 10:59 PM