Vista Ultimate validation problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

i have now Vista since near 1 year on my PC. Now for about 1 month i get troubles with the validation. Sometimes when i switch on the PC, i get an window that says that the activation was sucessfully, but the regular activation was months ago. Then when the OS is fully loaded i get an window that informs me "The validation of your Windows copy is not verified - you might been an victim of software piracy"

On the http://www.microsoft.com/genuine website i get [0x80080282]

MGADiag.exe reoprts:

Diagnostic Report (1.7.0095.0):
    -----------------------------------------
    WGA Data-->
    Validation Status: Invalid License
    Validation Code: 50
    Online Validation Code: 0x0
    Cached Validation Code: 0x0
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-8Y46D-8TGHV-7R2PV
    Windows Product Key Hash: CVs9JTnogMha8DvS0rc779zlle4=
    Windows Product ID: 89580-OEM-7300594-05404
    Windows Product ID Type: 3
    Windows License Type: OEM System Builder
    Windows OS version: 6.0.6001.2.00010100.1.0.001
    CSVLK Server: N/A
    CSVLK PID: N/A
    ID: {F2DB8EFA-D6D1-48B8-B085-45FC92C227B2}(3)
    Is Admin: Yes
    TestCab: 0x0
    WGA Version: Registered, 1.7.69.2
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Product Name: Windows Vista (TM) Ultimate
    Architecture: 0x00000000
    Build lab: 6001.longhorn_rtm.080118-1840
    TTS Error:
    Validation Diagnostic:
    Resolution Status: N/A

WgaER Data-->
    ThreatID(s): N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Version: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

WGA Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    File Exists: No
    WgaTray.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    WgaLogon.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

OGA Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    WGATray.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    OGAAddin.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 109 N/A
    OGA Version: Registered, 1.6.28.0
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Office Diagnostics: 025D1FF3-282-80041010_025D1FF3-170-80041010_025D1FF3-171-1_025D1FF3-434-80040154_025D1FF3-178-80040154_025D1FF3-179-2_025D1FF3-185-80070002_025D1FF3-199-3

Browser Data-->
    Proxy settings: N/A
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>{F2DB8EFA-D6D1-48B8-B085-45FC92C227B2}</UGUID><Version>1.7.0095.0</Version><OS>6.0.6001.2.00010100.1.0.001</OS><Architecture>x32</Architecture><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-7R2PV</PKey><PID>89580-OEM-7300594-05404</PID><PIDType>3</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-3676885478-1077477175-4160400211</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>System manufacturer</Manufacturer><Model>System Product Name</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>Phoenix Technologies, LTD</Manufacturer><Version>ASUS StrikerExtreme ACPI BIOS Revision 1303</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="4"/><Date>20070726000000.000000+000</Date></BIOS><HWID>3E313507018400FA</HWID><UserLCID>0C07</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0407</SystemLCID><TimeZone>Mitteleuropäische Zeit(GMT+01:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>3</stat><msppid></msppid><name></name><model></model></SBID><OEM/><BRT/></MachineData><Software><Office><Result>109</Result><Products/><Applications/></Office></Software></GenuineResults> 

Spsys.log Content: 0x80070002

As this is an OEM product i have no support. Please can you help me to find an solution to fix this problem?

Sunday, June 29, 2008 9:03 AM

Answers

• Hello Darin Smith,

No, the issues with the validation still exists. After executing step 2, the OS didn't load the taskbar or the icons on desktop. I get only a window that informs me that i have to reinstall the whole OS from CD/DVD to get access to the activation of Vista.
    Also i get no access to the task manager. The only thing i was able to do, clicking on the help how to reinstall the system from CD/DVD. And in there i get access to the system recovery programm (sorry i don't know the exact english word for that programm). I switched back to an earlier recovery point. Now the system loads with taskbar and all the other things but the problem with validation is also back.
    As you said, i will save my personal files, formating the partition and make an fresh install of Vista. I hope that Microsoft think over the technics for this annoying thing, for that the honest users have to pay the bill.

Thank you sir, for your time and the helping hand you gave me!

greetings
    Sisifuz
    Wednesday, July 2, 2008 4:54 AM

All replies

• Hi Sisifuz,

I have never seen error code 0x80080282, so I have my Dev team looking into it.

From what I do know of this error code, it seems to be related to a Tamper event within Vista. Tamper events can be cause by a few different senarios, but generally it is when outside forces (program or human) interfere (knowingly or by mistake) with Vista Licensing systems. The error code should tell us what area of Vista is being tampered and hopefully this will narrow down the causes.

I will post when I have more information.

While I am looking into this on my side, I also encourage you to submit a (no cost) service request at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52029

Thank you,

Darin Smith

WGA Forum Manager

Monday, June 30, 2008 9:56 PM
  • Hello sisifuz,

Please follow the steps below. If the first set of steps does not resolve, move on to the next set of steps.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step set #1

1) Open Internet Explorer

2) A Browser will open, type: %windir%\system32 into the address field

3) Find the file cmd.exe

4) Right Click on the cmd.exe and select Run as Administrator

5) Type: cscript slmgr.vbs -rilc (It may take a long time for this to complete, please be patient)

6) Hit the Enter key

7) Reboot 2 times

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step set #2

1) Open Internet Browser

2) Type %windir%\system32 into the browser address bar.

3) Find the file CMD.exe

4) Right-Click on CMD.exe and select Run as Administrator

5) Type: net stop slsvc  (it may ask you if you are sure, select yes)

6) Type: cd %windir%\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\SoftwareLicensing

7) Type: rename tokens.dat tokens.bar

8) Type: cd %windir%\system32

9) Type net start slsvc

10) Reboot Twice

11) Vista may require you to re-enter the Product Key and Activate. Use the Activate by Phone method outlined below

Activate by Phone steps:

a) If you have access to the Start button: Click the Start button, and type in "slui.exe 4" in the search field and then press the "Enter" key. This will bring up the Activate by Phone dialog window. Follow the steps provided by the window. The phone activation process should only take about 6 minutes.

b) If you do not have access to the Start button: Reboot and login to Vista, a dialog window will come up. In that window, click the option "Access computer with reduced functionality". Once you do that, Internet Explorer or Firefox browser will open. In the address bar type "c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe" press enter, a new window will come up, type: slui 4 and hit enter and follow steps to Activate over the Phone.

NOTE: The key to this process is that you need to talk to a Live Activation Rep! When you first call, you will be interacting with an Automated Voice, either select the option to talk to a Live Rep or if there is no option, do not enter any numbers. This should force the automated voice to transfer you to a Live Rep.

Thank you,

Darin Smith

WGA Forum Manager

Monday, June 30, 2008 10:53 PM
  • Hello Darin Smith,

first i wanna say thank you for your replys. It is frustrated to see that no one else had this error before. But someone has to be the first Wink

Ok i followed your sugesstions you gave me.

Step 1 did'nt solved the problem. After reboot i get each time "Windows is now successfully activated". And the hint that this copy of windows is not validated.

The 2 step also gets not that what i wan't. After rebooting i get an window "Activate windows" and an text like "To Activate windows you have to reinstall it from your CD/DVD".

No start-button was available or the task manager. The only thing i could do was clicking on the help how to reinstall windows. I clicked on it and there i get to the system store repair programm. I switched back to an earlier system store point to get access to my normal windows desktop and to my files.

Hmmm, i'm a bit nervous now. Do you think i have to completely reinstall Vista?

Sorry for my english, i hope you can read and understand all.

greetings from Austria

Sisifuz

Tuesday, July 1, 2008 5:17 PM
  • Hi Sisifuz,

If I understand correctly, your Vista is working correctly now?  If so, then No, I don't think you need to reinstall yet. The fact that this error is, seemingly, so rare, I don't expect it to happen again. but if it does happen again, then you may want to think about reinstalling.

Good luck and if you have any other Activation or Validation related issues, please don't hesitate to contact me again

Darin Smith

WGA Forum Manager

Tuesday, July 1, 2008 6:29 PM
  • Hello Darin Smith,

No, the issues with the validation still exists. After executing step 2, the OS didn't load the taskbar or the icons on desktop. I get only a window that informs me that i have to reinstall the whole OS from CD/DVD to get access to the activation of Vista.
    Also i get no access to the task manager. The only thing i was able to do, clicking on the help how to reinstall the system from CD/DVD. And in there i get access to the system recovery programm (sorry i don't know the exact english word for that programm). I switched back to an earlier recovery point. Now the system loads with taskbar and all the other things but the problem with validation is also back.
    As you said, i will save my personal files, formating the partition and make an fresh install of Vista. I hope that Microsoft think over the technics for this annoying thing, for that the honest users have to pay the bill.

Thank you sir, for your time and the helping hand you gave me!

greetings
    Sisifuz
    Wednesday, July 2, 2008 4:54 AM