Cannot Configure CRM 2013 Outlook Client RRS feed

• Question

• We have recently installed CRM 2013 within the organization and then configured ADFS with Client Based authentication and finally enabled IFD. CRM and ADFS exists on 2 separate servers. We tested it and they all work fine. We referred to the Microsoft CRM YouTube Channel.

But if we try to configure the Outlook client for CRM we get the error below. 08:52:03| Error| Error connecting to URL: sharjahcityforhumanitarianserv.schs.sharjah.ae/.../Discovery.svc Exception: Microsoft.Crm.CrmException: Credentials required at Microsoft.Crm.Outlook.ClientAuth.ClaimsBasedAuthProvider`1.AuthenticateClaims() at Microsoft.Crm.Outlook.ClientAuth.ClaimsBasedAuthProvider`1.SignIn() at

Clicking on the URL for the discovery takes us to the service page, so that's resolving fine. I see the credentials getting save in the control panel section. I tried configuring it on Windows 8.1, 8 and 7. All give me the same error, no matter what user we choose that includes the main administrative user account with full priviledges.  I have no idea why the error says credentials required it asks me for email and password and its inputted correctly.

Anyone knows how to solve this issue so we can configure Outlook for CRM.

MVI - Most Valuable Indian

Wednesday, December 25, 2013 5:56 PM

All replies

• Hi,

When you write your credentials in Control Panel -> Credential Manager ,

after that delete the Organization from Configuration Wizard. And then Delete Temporary Microsoft Dynamics CRM Client files from Ms Dynamics CRM Diagnostics Tool.

And then Try to configure Again. It may help you.

Or you can see the Application log or can also turn on Log on this Diagnostics Tool and see the log to get exact idea about the problem.

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

• Proposed as answer by DynamicsCRM31 Thursday, January 2, 2014 6:40 AM
    Thursday, January 2, 2014 6:40 AM