Missing Microsoft update problems RRS feed

• Question

•  

Every time i boot my computer . Windows live onecare will come up YELLOW... always says i have Missing MIcrosoft updates. But when i go to the Microsoft update page that Windows live Onecare opens..I run the the program. There is NEVER any UPDATES.i can not stand the fact that i keep having to go to this website over and over and over again for no Updates.
    Monday, June 2, 2008 6:38 AM

Answers

• On the Windows Update page, check Update History to make sure that no updates have failed.

If you need help, please contact support.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Monday, June 2, 2008 8:52 AM
  • Have you tried performing Microsoft update without going through the Windows Live OneCare program? Try do the following:
    1)Open Internet Explorer (Do not use any browser like mozilla, MSN, or AOL. Just plain Internet Explorer)
    2)Click on "Tools"
    3)Choose "Windows Update"
    4)On the site, search for "Microsoft Update"
    5)Perform a microsoft update

If there any problem while performing the following step, please post here any error codes or messages that you have encountered.

Thursday, June 12, 2008 5:55 PM

All replies

• On the Windows Update page, check Update History to make sure that no updates have failed.

If you need help, please contact support.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Monday, June 2, 2008 8:52 AM
  • Have you tried performing Microsoft update without going through the Windows Live OneCare program? Try do the following:
    1)Open Internet Explorer (Do not use any browser like mozilla, MSN, or AOL. Just plain Internet Explorer)
    2)Click on "Tools"
    3)Choose "Windows Update"
    4)On the site, search for "Microsoft Update"
    5)Perform a microsoft update

If there any problem while performing the following step, please post here any error codes or messages that you have encountered.

Thursday, June 12, 2008 5:55 PM