Update Rollups & manual steps. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

As you know an UR can have manual steps (as specified in the 'hotfixes and updates that you have to enable or configure manually' section of the UR's KB article).

I have a Q re. the very 1st of these: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/948843

The article tells one to create the following index:

USE <var>OrganizationName</var>_MSCRM

CREATE NONCLUSTERED INDEX CRM_AsyncOperation_WorkflowCleanupQuery ON [AsyncOperationBase]
    (OperationType,StateCode,WorkflowActivationId)

...but not if '...you already have an index that has the same index key columns.'

Running sp_helpindex AsyncOperationBase for my organisation I got the following results:

index_name index_description index_keys
    cndx_PrimaryKey_AsyncOperation clustered, unique, primary key located on PRIMARY AsyncOperationId
    ndx_Cover_AsyncOperation nonclustered located on PRIMARY StateCode, Sequence, DependencyToken, PostponeUntil
    ndx_RegardingObjectId_AsyncOperation nonclustered located on PRIMARY RegardingObjectId
    ndx_RequestId_AsyncOperation nonclustered located on PRIMARY RequestId
    ndx_StartedOn_AsyncOperation nonclustered located on PRIMARY StartedOn(-)
    ndx_SystemManaged nonclustered located on PRIMARY Name, StatusCode, RecurrenceStartTime, OperationType

...so my Q is, should I create the new index? I have one existing index that shares 2 of the 3 index key columns as the proposed one, but I'm unsure if this therefore means that I'd still benefit from creating the proposed index, or that I should not.

I'd really appreciate some advice here,

Tamim.

T Sadikali
    Monday, July 25, 2011 11:07 AM

Answers