none
Download Screen No Longer Displays Downloads RRS feed

• Question

• Several months ago I followed some suggestions in PC World to avoid permanent population of the Windows XP download screen (the one that has the "clear list" button I the lower left hand corner. It was supposed to speed things up perhaps with less clutter). By that I mean I could see the progress of a download in the download window, but as soon as the download was complete, the download disappeared from this window in essence always leaving this window blank. The download itself would be there if you went to the download directory. Now I want to "undo" what I did to modify this behavior but I cannot remember how. I have tried to search my PC World magazines for the original article but I cannot seem to find it. I likely pitched the copy that had it in there. Maybe someone out there remembers how to get this download window to populate and remain populated until one hits the "clear list" button to remove the inventory. Thanks! 

The Forum Category pick list did not give me an obvious choice so I chose Sandbox Forum.  Let me know if my question needs to go somewhere else. Thanks!

Saturday, March 26, 2011 5:05 PM

All replies