Now we know that 2.5 is a under-the-hood release - can we know more details? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm just wondering if it's possible. If it's not, you can just give me a notice and delete this post, but what I wonder is if these things involves customization, protection improvement or only some sort of bugfixing. I mean, going from 2.0 to 2.5 doesn't sound like a small step but really the opposite, so if under-the-hood changes is what's planned I'd guess they're quite big. It's not a small number like 2.1 or something.

Regards,
    Murphy
    Wednesday, April 9, 2008 9:05 PM

Answers

• I have no details on what is in 2.5 except that it is likely providing changes under the covers to allow for the core application to be used in the forthcoming OneCare for Server, to be released late in 2008 with the next version of Small Business Server.

Additionally, I expect that there are bug fixes and performance enhancements, plus code base to allow for functionality that will be introduced in 3.0, whatever that may be.

In my own use of the beta, it appears that some dialogs have been changed, but nothing else is noticeable to me.

-steve

Thursday, April 10, 2008 12:09 PM

All replies

• I have no details on what is in 2.5 except that it is likely providing changes under the covers to allow for the core application to be used in the forthcoming OneCare for Server, to be released late in 2008 with the next version of Small Business Server.

Additionally, I expect that there are bug fixes and performance enhancements, plus code base to allow for functionality that will be introduced in 3.0, whatever that may be.

In my own use of the beta, it appears that some dialogs have been changed, but nothing else is noticeable to me.

-steve

Thursday, April 10, 2008 12:09 PM
  • I have noticed in 2.5 that McAfee's SiteAdvisor and Symantec's LiveUpdate now coexists peacefully with OC.  This should make some people happy Smile

Otherwise if I didn't know any better I would still think I was using 2.0, lol.
    Thursday, April 10, 2008 1:27 PM
  • Okay, thx for the answers! Smile

If you come up with something else you can just write it here. Wink
    Thursday, April 10, 2008 6:41 PM