none
Learning visual studio, software development where to go from here? RRS feed

• Question

• I've built email applications, browser based applications, media players, excel add ins, client server based data applications where users enter data into fields and they are submitted to a database, etc.

I've done most of this in VB, but C# doesn't look that different. My primary goal has been to learn how to develop solutions, regardless of what people think about the language used.

Where do I go from here to learn more? Am I still beginner at software dev, or intermediate? What types of software to build next? It seems to me the above are the most common software solutions, and I've actually built them to solve every day business problems.

Monday, September 1, 2014 8:44 PM

Answers

• Try to enter in Microsoft App development using VS 2013.

Develop apps by using Visual Studio 2013:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-in/library/windows/apps/br211384.aspx

If my contribution helps you, please click Mark As Answer on that post and Vote as Helpful

Thanks, ShankarSingh(MCP)

Tuesday, September 23, 2014 3:33 PM
  • It seems to me that there is one broad category of applications that you missed in your list: Although you mentioned browser-based applications, it appears that you have not done server-based web applications. Things such as ASP.NET WebForms and MVC are very common and frequently demanded, and they will interact nicely via AJAX with the browser-based applications that you are already developing. You will find plenty of information at www.asp.net; if you want an official course (since this is the Training and Certification forum) look for course 20486.

Tuesday, September 23, 2014 5:43 PM

All replies

• Try to enter in Microsoft App development using VS 2013.

Develop apps by using Visual Studio 2013:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-in/library/windows/apps/br211384.aspx

If my contribution helps you, please click Mark As Answer on that post and Vote as Helpful

Thanks, ShankarSingh(MCP)

Tuesday, September 23, 2014 3:33 PM
  • It seems to me that there is one broad category of applications that you missed in your list: Although you mentioned browser-based applications, it appears that you have not done server-based web applications. Things such as ASP.NET WebForms and MVC are very common and frequently demanded, and they will interact nicely via AJAX with the browser-based applications that you are already developing. You will find plenty of information at www.asp.net; if you want an official course (since this is the Training and Certification forum) look for course 20486.

Tuesday, September 23, 2014 5:43 PM