OCS 2007 public beta expired RRS feed

• Question

• We migrated from private beta 3 to public beta using the documentation that you can download with OCS public beta.  We installed public beta about 3 weeks ago.  We had to restart the server last night and now the Office Communications Server service will not start.  When I try to manually start the service I get an error message saying to review the system event log for more information.  The System log says the OCS service terminated with service specific error 3286842403.  The OCS event log says "The evaluation period for Office Communications Server 2007 Public Beta has expired", and to obtain the released version.  I know this should not expire until September 2007. 

Any ideas how to fix this, without doing a reinstall?

Wednesday, June 6, 2007 4:50 PM

Answers

• The only solution we see after almost a week of downtime is to re-install OCS public beta.
    Monday, June 11, 2007 12:32 PM
  • There is nothing that is obvious and stands out on why you are getting this error. Unless someone else can offer anything, a reinstall maybe your fastest and best bet. Sorry.
    Wednesday, June 13, 2007 9:01 PM

All replies

• Can you please check the system clock on the server and verify that the day, month, and year is correct on that machine.
    Thursday, June 7, 2007 1:00 PM
  • Thanks for the reply. 

It's correct, June 7, 2007.

Thursday, June 7, 2007 1:08 PM
  • The only solution we see after almost a week of downtime is to re-install OCS public beta.
    Monday, June 11, 2007 12:32 PM
  • There is nothing that is obvious and stands out on why you are getting this error. Unless someone else can offer anything, a reinstall maybe your fastest and best bet. Sorry.
    Wednesday, June 13, 2007 9:01 PM
  • Can you let us know the status of your issue? Did you do the reinstall?
    Thursday, June 28, 2007 4:42 PM
  • We did do the reinstall.

Thursday, September 13, 2007 2:18 PM