Streaming DRM protected music with WHS 2011? RRS feed

• Question

• I have played a bit with the streaming feature on the remote access site in WHS 2011 RC. With a processor that's powerful enough it runs really great for both music and video.

Some of my music however is DRM protected, and it seems Vail is not able to stream that music? When trying, the SilverLight player control just freezes - no error message or anything. (at least it should have the courtesy of displaying an error to me :)

If I log on to the WHS via remote desktop, manually start the audio service, and play a DRM file, the license is downloaded just fine (it has to be renewed every 30 days), and the music plays.

Using a Windows 7 PC on the local network, and playing it, via Play To, on another computer, the music is playing just fine, so I'm assuming it's not the DRM itself that's preventing streaming of the file?

Is streaming of DRM protected music disabled on purpose in WHS 2011, or do I need to do something in order to enable it?

• Edited by Christian Li Monday, February 7, 2011 11:28 AM Renamed Vail to WHS 2011
    Monday, February 7, 2011 11:08 AM